The NY Times Has A Great Idea For Remington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NY Times Has A Great Idea For Remington

Make it into a "smart gun" company. "... transform the company into the most advanced and responsible gun manufacturer in the country ..."

TTAG's take:
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...n-the-country/

Big banks, private equity firms and national retailers that have vowed to operate with a social conscience could band together to turn Remington into the model of a modern gun company.
    No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
    Chris

EinsteinROFLMAOnow-ive-heard.jpg
    Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

People with no significant investment experience and no knowledge of running a business and no knowledge of firearms, advising experienced investors who have run businesses how to run a gun company. You can't make this shit up.
      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
      Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
      Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
        People with no significant investment experience and no knowledge of running a business and no knowledge of firearms, advising experienced investors who have run businesses how to run a gun company. You can't make this shit up.
        Correction: People who hate guns and want them neutered or banned want to run a gun company.

Comment

Plenty of anti-2A billionaires around who could buy the whole shootin' match and wouldn't miss the money. Personally, I'd love to see someone try.

I don't have much of an emotional attachment to them but I do have some. There's a history of some iconic guns. I'd like to see them shed most of their businesses, keep Remington, Marlin and maybe Bushmaster. All the rest could go. Most importantly, I'd like to see them get back to building Remingtons and Marlins the way they're s'posed ta be built. Assuming they still have most of the people who know how. If they can't do that, I don't care what happens to them.

Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post
            Plenty of anti-2A billionaires around who could buy the whole shootin' match and wouldn't miss the money. Personally, I'd love to see someone try.

I don't have much of an emotional attachment to them but I do have some. There's a history of some iconic guns. I'd like to see them shed most of their businesses, keep Remington, Marlin and maybe Bushmaster. All the rest could go. Most importantly, I'd like to see them get back to building Remingtons and Marlins the way they're s'posed ta be built. Assuming they still have most of the people who know how. If they can't do that, I don't care what happens to them.
            Most of the guns that Remington is famous for were designed by John Browning.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

Most of the guns that Remington is famous for were designed by John Browning.
              Not the 870 or the 700. Pretty much every bolt-action rifle of the 20th century is based on the Mauser. Browning stole ideas from other gun makers too. And they stole from him. Ruger stole from Garand. Everybody steals from everybody else. How many different ways can you fire a cartridge? The differences are all refined subtleties.

There haven't really been any major design innovations since the AR. Still the state of the art of the modern rifle.

I'm not saying Browning wasn't one of the most innovative gun designers ever; he was probably the most innovative of his time.
              Last edited by BLAMMO!!; 05-16-2018, 10:29 AM.

Regards,
              Chris

Comment

I'll just stick with my " not so smart guns".... but hay if the socially conscience... eco-friendly...."smart gun" idea don't work out for them....I guess they could build electric cars or solar panels.... that's seems to be working out well for some folks..

Comment

Originally posted by crashguy View Post
                  I guess they could build electric cars or solar panels.... that's seems to be working out well for some folks..
                  That only works with huge government subsidies.
                  Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

That only works with huge government subsidies.
                    So maybe Soros and the EU will buy it

Comment

So...let's review. They want to transform this company from one who made guns that no one wanted to shoot anymore to a company that makes gins that no one want to buy........................
                      "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

Guns are inanimate objects. They have no responsibility. If a gun maker produces a product that works, he’s being responsible. The NY Slimes needs to address the end user.
                        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Um didn't investors already re invent the wheel at Remington and now they are in trouble

Comment

Some gems from this article for all of you who didn't read it:

More tantalizing is a pie-in-the-sky idea: whether a beneficent billionaire, like Michael R. Bloomberg, could buy the company and either try to transform it or shut it down — a sort of philanthropic euthanasia in the name of gun control.

A reimagined Remington with a new management and mandate could develop smart-gun technology. It could back fingerprint technology meant to prevent anyone who is not the gun’s owner from shooting it, a measure that could greatly reduce suicides and the potential for guns to be stolen. It could add an identity stamp to ammunition fired from any of its guns. It could also establish and standardize responsible sales policies for retailers to sell its firearms.
                            These were given as "practical" and "profitable" solutions by the author.

Make no mistake: There is absolutely a market for a gun company focused on safety technology. A poll conducted by Johns Hopkins University researchers and published online by the American Journal of Public Health showed 59 percent of Americans were willing to buy a smart gun.
                            Bullshit. Absolute bullshit.

Comment

59% of non-gun owning Americans were willing to buy a smart gun (to circumvent their lack of education about guns, of course)

Comment

Working...
                              X