Conan O’Brien: No One Should Be ‘Allowed’ To Own A Semiautomatic Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conan O’Brien: No One Should Be ‘Allowed’ To Own A Semiautomatic Rifle

WATCH: Conan O’Brien: No One Should Be ‘Allowed’ To Own A Semiautomatic Rifle

He described semiautomatic rifles as “weapons of war” that “have no place in civilian life.”

“I simply do not understand why anybody in this country is allowed to purchase and own a semiautomatic assault rifle, it makes no sense to me,” O’Brien said. He added that he tries to keep his “opinions” to himself, but on the matter of banning semiautomatic rifles he chose to speak his mind.

He continued:
    These mass shootings are happening so often now, that lamenting them afterwards is becoming a national ritual. I do not know the answer, but I wanted to take just a moment here tonight to agree with the rapidly growing sentiment in America that it’s time to grow up and figure this out.
    Conan did not mention that all guns — handguns, rifles, and shotguns — were banned at the Pulse Orlando nightclub. It was a gun-free zone. But that apparently did not dissuade the attacker. Rather, it provided him a captive, defenseless gathering of potential and actual targets.

Like other celebrities, politicians, and media pundits, Conan’s redundant use of the phrase “semiautomatic rifle” — coupled with “weapons of war” — creates an aura of mystery around the AR-15 rifle, making it sound like it is truly a military weapon. He might benefit greatly from reading Breitbart News’ AR-15 Users Guide for Ignorant Media Pundits Who Don’t Get It.

O’Brien’s fellow late-night hosts, Seth Meyers and Jimmy Fallon, also scrapped their usual comedic monologues Monday night in favor of remarks about the terrorist attack in Orlando.

Fallon’s speech centered on the need for tolerance, while Meyers ripped a Congress that “consistently chooses nothing as a course of action” on gun control.

AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at [email protected].
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

It amazes me that the actors and court jesters are the ones that feel the need to express themselves so vocally on what direction this country should progress. No true life accomplishments except playing roles and cracking jokes for the amusement and entertainment of others.

Comment

• Yanke1624
      Yanke1624 commented
      Editing a comment
      ...and those are the people that sheeple listen to

I'm all over the comments section of that video on youtube. The amount of stupidity and ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
    “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Shamuscull View Post
      It amazes me that the actors and court jesters are the ones that feel the need to express themselves so vocally on what direction this country should progress. No true life accomplishments except playing roles and cracking jokes for the amusement and entertainment of others.
      Yet these are the very people who disproportionately shape public opinion. If Clooney or Kanye or a Kardashian says it, it must be so.

Comment

Guys ...he works for TBS ... Turner Broadcast System.....Ted Turner ... ya know that was married to Jane fuckhole Fonda and owns CNN ....that tall goofy O'Brien says whatever Ted wants him to say .... he's a monkey that was told to dance....

Comment

All else aside……. Conan, you suck. You're not funny. How very far we have fallen since Johnny Carson.
          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Let's start a firearms community boycott of asshole talk show hosts...pretty much covers them all.

Comment

No one that makes such incredibly stupid progressive remarks should be allowed to host a late night talk show.. It' for the viewers intellectual safety!

Comment

Fuck him

Comment

May you get lost on a desert island with out sun screen you pasty white scrawny douche nozzle
                  "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What about semi-automatic handguns? Are they OK? I give him some credit for at least taking the time to understand that ARs are not machine guns. But, again another douche.

These asshats just don't want real answers: less muslims, no gun-free zones, more carry permits. It's really that simple.

Comment

Unfortunately this day and age everyone has a platform to express opinions. The unfortunate thing with celebs is the people wtiting the checks are libtards and therefore they talk about whatever keeps the cash rolling in.

Comment

douchesaidwhat

Comment

ll a run-up to the main stream media's support of the Hildebeast! It will start with the appeal to "common sense," and then grow to "but Hitlary agrees! She wants to look at Australia! They decided to do something!" It will be used to push Trump's negatives up!
                          NRA Benefactor Life
                          NRA Instructor & RSO
                          NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

Fuck you Conan

Comment

Working...
                            X