No announcement yet.

Hillary Clinton To Pennsylvania Hunters: ‘We Can’t Ignore The 2nd Amendment’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This comes after months of Clinton pushing universal background checks, an expansion of the instant background check system, more oversight on Federal Firearm License holders (FFLs), and a change in laws so that crime victims can sue gun sellers and manufacturers. In October Clinton also suggested the Australia gun ban is “worth looking at” for gun policy in the United States.

But Clinton tried to sound as if she were more amiable toward gun rights while speaking to hunters in Pennsylvania. Fox News reports that she told the audience, “I know how important gun ownership & particularly hunting is here in Northeastern Pennsylvania.” And according to The Hill, Clinton added, “I want you to know that we can’t ignore the Second Amendment and we can’t ignore the 33,000 people a year who die from gun violence. And I think we are smart enough to figure out how to do that.”

Breitbart News previously reported that, in truth, 33,000 people do not die each year from gun violence. In fact, Clinton’s frequent reference to 33,000 deaths exaggerates gun violence numbers by 66 percent.

In reality, the U.S. averages around 30,000 firearm-related deaths a year. Of these, a very small number are accidental and about a third of the 30,000 are actually tied to “gun violence.” For example, the overall number of firearm-related deaths in 2013 was approximately 32,888. Of these, the number of accidental deaths was 505 and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported the number of deaths due to actual “gun violence” was 11,208. But when Clinton repeats these numbers, she adds accidental deaths and homicides — which equals 11,713 — then adds the 21,175 firearm-related suicides, rounds the number off at “33,000,” and names “gun violence” as the culprit for all three.

AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at [email protected].

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...2nd-amendment/
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Don't you want to just kick her in the hoo-haa?

Comment

She's a cross between a hyena and a chameleon, and twice as nasty.
      SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Why don't they just legalize a painless Kavorkian pill that ends it all quietly and under a controlled situation of the person's choosing AFTER they have discussed everything at length with at least 2 psychiatric personnel.
        It will reduce 66% of the gun deaths immediately and stop people who are going to kill themselves anyway from splattering their brains across the room.
        It might also dissuade most of them from killing themselves after they discuss the situation with professionals and find out that their situation is not that dire..
        JMHO
        Yea, I know. My kids say if I was ever elected judge or something, they would move to Sweden or Figi or somewhere far away.
        Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Russian View Post
          She's a cross between a hyena and a chameleon, and twice as nasty.
          A severe understatement.

Comment

Comment

Miserable fucking cunt!
              NRA Patron Life Member
              Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
              NRA RSO

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
                ... And I think we are smart enough to figure out how to do that.”
                Start holding the people that pull the trigger responsible for one thing instead of focusing on the tool used. smh.

Comment

How people don't see right through her I will never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
                    This boggles my mind as well. I understand the sycophants have blinders on and will vote for her regardless of what she is. But how can the masses who are voting for her not see the phoniness and evil that permeates out of every pore in her body!

Comment

What really disturbs me, people are actually voting for her, granted Bernie is a Moron, but Hillary is a criminal.
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
                      - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
                      - James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
                        Liberal ideology trumps intelligence, logic and common scense every time. There are none so blind as those who will not see!
                        GOA * NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER * APPLESEED RIFLEMAN * NYSRPA * NAGR * JPFO

Comment

she is really pushing gun control lately. its all i hear about when she is mentioned on the radio or TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post
                            she is really pushing gun control lately. its all i hear about when she is mentioned on the radio or TV.
                            Besides her obvious detest for the 2nd Amendment and law abiding gun owners. Her political advisers are telling her that strong gun-control is what the majority of US Citizens seek, despite all the evidence to the contrary (see record gun sales etc.). History has shown that too strong a push for nonsensical gun laws has for the most part been campaign suicide. This along with her criminal issues and her extremely low credibility rating shall do her in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks25 View Post
                              Why don't they just legalize a painless Kavorkian pill that ends it all quietly and under a controlled situation of the person's choosing AFTER they have discussed everything at length with at least 2 psychiatric personnel.
                              It will reduce 66% of the gun deaths immediately and stop people who are going to kill themselves anyway from splattering their brains across the room.
                              It might also dissuade most of them from killing themselves after they discuss the situation with professionals and find out that their situation is not that dire..
                              JMHO
                              Yea, I know. My kids say if I was ever elected judge or something, they would move to Sweden or Figi or somewhere far away.
                              Actually, the Scandanavian coutries already have assisted suicides. I hear you!

Comment

Working...
                              X