Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATF: No, Queer People Can’t Refuse to Identify as Male or Female When Buying a Gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATF: No, Queer People Can’t Refuse to Identify as Male or Female When Buying a Gun

Staff Writer
    Jan 10, 2019 |

Recently, someone at the NSSF decided to ask the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives about genderqueer firearm purchasing. For example, let’s say an individual walks into a gun store with one of the non-binary drivers’ licenses that are issued in certain jurisdictions.

Legally, on both the driver’s license and birth certificate, that individual’s sex is listed as “X” for non-binary. As the ATF clarified, those driver’s licenses DO count as valid identification documents as defined by 18 U.S. Code § 1028:
    …a document made or issued by or under the authority of the United States Government … when completed with information concerning a particular individual, is of a type intended or commonly accepted for the purpose of identification of individuals.
    However, when it comes to the NICS background check, a male or female identification is required on ATF form 4473. There’s no non-binary option “X”, and prospective gun buyers may not leave box 6 blank. That’s because all entries in the NICS database are coded as male or female, and that can’t be changed without a system-wide overhaul. So, FFLs may not transfer firearms to individuals who refuse to identify as male or female.

That said, section 31 of form 4473 permits the licensee to document any additional information they believe is relevant, and that would be the place to note a discrepancy between non-binary sex on the driver’s license and binary identification on the transaction form.

So, now you know.
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

He She or it

Comment

I’d like to see how far they’ll go to fight for their rights (edit: to own a firearm)

Comment

Comment

Oh...the ACLU won't stand for this one!
          Later, Steve
          People are crazy and times are strange
          I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
          I used to care but........ things have changed

Comment

I read this the other day.

All I can say is.....

rotflmao.jpg
            I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
            I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Well ain’t that a kick in the balls.....or not?

Comment

Goes well with question 11f, which deals with mental defectives.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                  Well ain’t that a kick in the balls.....or not?
                  Schrodinger's junk? It's both until verified.
                  Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Schrodinger's junk...priceless

Comment

Do these mental defectives demand the same gender-fluid anonymity when they check into the hospital to get a sex change?
                      Do they tolerate pre-op questions like:
                      - "What sex are you?"
                      - "What sex do you want to become?"
                      Or do they stay the course and demand the doctors do not categorize them?
                      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

"Alan, IT'S MA'AM!!! Don't call me sir!!!"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by green18 View Post
                            He She or it
                            shim

Comment

Working...
                            X