NYC License, announced policy changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYC License, announced policy changes

NYC gun owners to get looser rules on moving firearms as NYPD changes policy

In a policy shift, the NYPD is planning to allow gun-owners to transport their firearms not only to gun ranges, but also to a second home or business where licensed gun ownership is legal.Previously, the NYPD rule was that licensed gun owners could only move their guns to a number of approved gun ranges or an area where hunting is legal. The weapon had to be transported unloaded in a locked container with the ammunition separate.Now, the department says handgun owners can legally bring their guns to a second home or business in places where licensed gun possession is legal, a firing range or a shooting competition, following a public comment period.
    LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Not at all surprising. They'd do anything to avoid a pro gun Supreme Court decision. Sad that what should be a good decision keeps us deep behind the anti gun curtain.
    NRA Patron Life Member
    Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
    NRA RSO

Comment

As the Respondent (? IANAL) can they get the case withdrawn by doing this or is it up to the court to hear the case since they have decided to take it?
      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
      Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
      Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

If it's my shit they will ALLOW ME TO TAKE MY SHIT TO where I want..IM SHOCKED!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Whoopy fucking do ,no more permission cards needed to take your pistol hunting or do you still need their written approval ? They still have a long way to go

Comment

Like giving a ritz cracker to a prisoner in a North Korean labor camp.

Comment

So.... permit holders living outside of NYC but working in NYC can bring their pistol to the office? I doubt that.
              If so I'm sure it would have to be locked and inaccessible.
              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
                NYC gun owners to get looser rules on moving firearms as NYPD changes policy

In a policy shift, the NYPD is planning to allow gun-owners to transport their firearms not only to gun ranges, but also to a second home or business where licensed gun ownership is legal.Previously, the NYPD rule was that licensed gun owners could only move their guns to a number of approved gun ranges or an area where hunting is legal. The weapon had to be transported unloaded in a locked container with the ammunition separate.Now, the department says handgun owners can legally bring their guns to a second home or business in places where licensed gun possession is legal, a firing range or a shooting competition, following a public comment period.
                They know they can't win in court, so they remove standing from the plaintiffs
                Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                    So.... permit holders living outside of NYC but working in NYC can bring their pistol to the office? I doubt that.
                    If so I'm sure it would have to be locked and inaccessible.
                    I'm sure this only applies to NYC pistol permit holders being allowed to take pistols out of the city only . My father had a card from the NYPD that allowed him to take it hunting upstate . Probably needed to show a hunting license to get it . Also as,far as I know the ranges outside the city couldn't care less if you used them . I'm still not sure if you have to belong to a club or range in the city to get a permit but if you do that's total B.S. that's needs to be changed

Comment

LOl... nice try ....dicks..... see you at SCOTUS..... the argument is not about "policy " it's about CONSTITUTIONALITY......... Whats to stop the city from changing the "policy" again as soon as the case is withdrawn?

Comment

Get rid of these stupid ass administrative restrictions already.
                        NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                        NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                        Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

It’s currently a proposed rule change, so it hasn’t happened yet. Is this enough to make the case moot?

Comment

So will PL holders from outside of NYC now be able to bring their/our handguns to ranges within NYC?

Punk move by NYC and transparent as hell. They are afraid of a SCOTUS beatdown.

Comment

NRA reacts to New York City's attempt to avoid having the NRA-supported Supreme Court case N.Y. State Rifle & Pistol Association, et al. v. City of N.Y., et al heard in DC.

Comment

Working...
                              X