NSA admits compiling a "high priority" surveillance list of gun owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSA admits compiling a "high priority" surveillance list of gun owners

NSA official admits the majority of gun owners within the United States receive a higher level of government surveillance than non-gun owners.

Guess I'm in good company.

Comment

NSA needs to go...
      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm beginning to think that NSA stands for No Second Amendment.

Comment

Big fucking deal , so I made the list.And look, he's on Long Island Gun Club...

Comment

Originally posted by joeydiver View Post
            Guess I'm in good company.
            Yes you are..

Comment

wow there watching me. i hope not when im in the shower
              let's make america great again

Comment

Privacy and Security of NICS Information

The privacy and security of the information in the NICS is of great importance. In October 1998, the Attorney General published regulations on the privacy and security of NICS information, including the proper and official use of this information. These regulations are available on the NICS website. Data stored in the NICS is documented federal data and access to that information is restricted to agencies authorized by the FBI.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ni...ion/fact-sheet

Isnt this in violation of section 103(i) of the Brady Act which specifically bars federal agencies from retaining any record or portion thereof generated by the NICS system?

(i) PROHIBITION RELATING TO ESTABLISHMENT OF REGISTRATION SYSTEMS WITH RESPECT TO FIREARMS.—No department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States may— (1) require that any record or portion thereof generated by the system established under this section be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or political subdivision thereof; or (2) use the system established under this section to establish any system for the registration of firearms, firearm owners, or firearm transactions or dispositions, except with respect to persons, prohibited by section 922 (g) or (n) of title 18, United States Code or State law, from receiving a firearm.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-...3hr1025enr.pdf

Comment

Given that we funded them to the tune of $10b, I always assumed always had.
                  NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

Originally posted by joeydiver View Post
                    Isnt this in violation of section 103(i) of the Brady Act which specifically bars federal agencies from retaining any record or portion thereof generated by the NICS system?
                    The government has been actively violating our Rights for years, and the FISA court has been rubber stamping it - actively ignoring congress. Nobody should be surprised.

NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

So this proves that NCIS queries are kept beyond whatever the legal limit is and record is provided to other agencies.

Gotcha.
                      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

The news story is Bullshit. The site is Bullshit.

Last edited by LI Ammo; 07-06-2016, 06:37 PM.
                        LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport,

Comment

what the actual fuck? Is this for real? I have a major fucking problem with being lied to.

MSNBC correspondent Aaron McCarthy asked Hunsaker to explain what variables are taken into account when assigning a surveillance priority among gun owners, Hunsaker explained that the NSA has established tiers which dictate the level of surveillance a gun owner receives. Hunsaker declined to elaborate on what type of surveillance each tier received, however indicated that the most common methods of surveillance include, but are not limited to, email surveillance, phone surveillance, call records, text message surveillance, social media account surveillance, instant message surveillance, and internet browsing surveillance.

McCarthy asked Hunsaker to explain the process in which the government assigns an individual to a certain tier and he responded with the following comment, “We use a very complex and always evolving systematic approaching to assigning an individual to a surveillance tier, however some of the basic things we look at include, has an individual applied for a firearm through a licensed dealer? Has an individual purchased a firearm? We retain purchase records from all licensed dealers and gun stores within the United States. Has an individual purchased an assault rifle such as an AK-47?”

McCarthy asked how individuals could find out if they are on the high priority surveillance list to which Hunsaker responded, “Have you applied for or purchased a firearm in the United States between the years of 1999-2016? If so, then you are on this list.”

Comment

Hunsaker said “It’s nothing more than collecting and utilizing data. It’s not always a popular stance, however the truth is that individuals with guns inflict harm on other individuals.” What about those without guns have harm inflicted on them by those that own guns illegally (criminals not on there list), but if they own a gun maybe they can defend themselves and there family.

Comment

This appears to be an entirely bogus story so don't get too excited yet.
                              LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport,

Comment

Working...
                              X