Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post

WORSE! Unfuckingbelievable!
    While I totally understand that the City appears to be be "bad", it's really closer to Disney than bad. I think what we're seeing is the turnaround on the path to 'bad'.

In 1972 (Lindsay's 7th year) there were close to 1700 murders in the City.
    In 1990 (Dinkins' 1st year) there were about 2250 murders in the City.
    In 2018 there were less than 300 murders in the City. That's an incredibly low amount and earns the City a spot as one of the safest.

We're a loooong way from '72 or '90, but all of the tell-tale signs are there for a spectacular come-back!

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

I can’t comment on the entire city. I can comment on the parts I see. Penn Station’s main stairs out are often partially blocked by bums. Once you navigate past them the block of West 32nd has become a haven for drug addicts and derelicts. The addition of granite barricades has become their lawn furniture. Where I used to see one or two of these characters in the recent years past on my walk to Greeley Square I am now guaranteed to see at least a dozen. And that’s not even getting into the new hazard called two way bike lanes. Fuck you DeBlasio!
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

I recently lost my job in Manhattan after 25 years with the company. While saying my good byes to some of the other long timers, I said exactly that, I was glad to be forced out because the place is heading to a Venezuelan like meltdown. I’d walk a mile from Penn to the office, hitting the street at 8:15 and already the pot smoke was unavoidable, there were remnants of dog feces everywhere, and vomit splattered everywhere. The homeless and mentally ill run Penn in particular and the streets in general. A couple of months ago a coworker was assaulted in a “knockout game” like attack.

Fuck it. Imma look for a job on LI.
        I've got a buddy in Venezuela. He can't go out of his house without fear of being attacked.

Comment

Statistically it is very safe, especially compared to other major cities, but quality of life is decreasingly - markedly . Most normal people don't really feel the effects of murder anyway, since the vast majority of those are drug/gang related anyway, until they spill over into "green zone" spaces like the murders that happened in Bryant Park. You end up with San Francisco levels of ridiculousness - spectacularly overpriced real estate for the rich surrounded by streets littered with human waste and drug needles by the ever-expanded homeless and mentally ill street population.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

I was thinking more like 1972
            I miss 1970s 8th Avenue. Good times. Great place to experience crack whores, sucking chest wounds and junkies.
            NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
            NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
            Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post

I miss 1970s 8th Avenue. Good times. Great place to experience crack whores, sucking chest wounds and junkies.
              When I came back from the Marines in the early 80s this girl I had met in NC came up to NY and wanted to see the city.
              She had a list of things she wanted to do.
              See the World Trade Center and the Empire State building, Central park etc.
              She said she wanted to take a subway ride. So I said okay. Well what else you have on your list so we'll take the subway someplace.
              She opened her list and said " I want to see a prostitute."
              I said, well I don't frequent where they are much and it is a Sunday afternoon but let's go to 8th Ave.
              She got to see junkies and prostitutes!

"Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

I bet they both have licenses

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

When I came back from the Marines in the early 80s this girl I had met in NC came up to NY and wanted to see the city.
                  She had a list of things she wanted to do.
                  See the World Trade Center and the Empire State building, Central park etc.
                  She said she wanted to take a subway ride. So I said okay. Well what else you have on your list so we'll take the subway someplace.
                  She opened her list and said " I want to see a prostitute."
                  I said, well I don't frequent where they are much and it is a Sunday afternoon but let's go to 8th Ave.
                  She got to see junkies and prostitutes!
                  Didn’t see you on that list. Hope she paid for her own bus ticket 🤣😂

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Didn’t see you on that list. Hope she paid for her own bus ticket 🤣😂
                    I had a list of performance items she was required to complete prior to the City tour.
                    And after
                    "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Working...
                    X