No announcement yet.

‘Good Guy With a Gun’ Who Stopped Church Gunman Receives Texas’ Highest Honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Good Guy With a Gun’ Who Stopped Church Gunman Receives Texas’ Highest Honor

This sure as hell not NY.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ma...onor/2290236/?

The armed churchgoer who stopped a gunman who opened fire inside a White Settlement church last month and killed two people was awarded the state's highest honor at the Texas Governor's Mansion Monday morning.

Jack Wilson was awarded the Governor's Medal of Courage, the state's highest civilian honor, for stopping an armed man who brought a gun into the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement and opened fire, killing a deacon and a member of the church's volunteer armed security team as services began on Sunday, Dec. 29.

"When events arise, you're going to do one of two things. You're either going to step up and do what's right or walk away. And I'm not one to walk away," Wilson said, accepting the medal at the Texas Governor's Mansion Monday.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." –Thomas B. Reed (1886)

Gotta love his comment.

The real question is whether he was allowed to carry into the governor's mansion.

If I were governor, I'd have told him to carry so that I could feel safer.

Comment

imagine how many lives guns save that do not get reported. guy walking about to be mugged but they change there mind. woman possibly brandishing a gun to a guy who may be following her to closely. or knocking on her door
      what does get reported is every fucking idiot that does something stupid with a gun.
      let's make america great again

Comment

Well deserved recognition, nice to see Texas do the right thing. In NY he’d be somewhere between Grand Jury and indictment while being held over at the local hoosegow. $50k in lawyers so far with his house being mortgaged to cover trial prep.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post
          Gotta love his comment.

The real question is whether he was allowed to carry into the governor's mansion.

If I were governor, I'd have told him to carry so that I could feel safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
            Well deserved recognition, nice to see Texas do the right thing. In NY he’d be somewhere between Grand Jury and indictment while being held over at the local hoosegow. $50k in lawyers so far with his house being mortgaged to cover trial prep.
            It's almost as if the lawyers and politicians are in cahoots.
            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot_nes View Post
              I've never been so happy to see a big bulge under another man's clothes.

Comment

Working...
              X