Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Trump: I’ll Sign National Reciprocity if It Reaches My Desk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Donald Trump: I’ll Sign National Reciprocity if It Reaches My Desk

    Donald Trump: I’ll Sign National Reciprocity if It Reaches My Desk

    AWR Hawkins15 Oct 2020Twitter/President Trump
    2:11

    During an interview with the NRA’s 1st Freedom, President Donald Trump said he would sign national reciprocity legislation for concealed carry if it reaches his desk.

    The outlet posed the question:
    Mr. President, each state’s driver’s license is honored across this great nation, yet a permit to carry a concealed gun — which, in contrast, is a right specifically protected in the U.S. Bill of Rights — is often not respected by other states. Will you support a national reciprocity act so that law-abiding gun owners can more easily travel with their freedom?

    Trump responded by making sure the focus was on concealed carry permit holders crossing state lines, to which 1st Freedom said, “Yes.”

    Trump then said, “I will support such legislation. If it comes across my desk I will sign it.”



    This is the same position Trump promoted while seeking the Republican nomination for the presidency in September 2015.

    On September 18, 2015, Breitbart News reported a Trump position paper wherein he voiced his support for national reciprocity, saying “The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states.”

    “A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state,” the paper read. “If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.”

    AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at [email protected]. Sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

    #2
    That’s a big “IF”.

    Comment


      #3
      VOTE!!!!

      Remember...staying home is a vote for Biden!
      Life Member: ASA, GOA, NRA

      Comment


        #4
        Vote people!

        Comment


          #5
          Vote early. Seriously. Manpower issues at the Board of Elections will make Election Day a shit show.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by TheMongoose View Post
            That’s a big “IF”.
            HUGE IF
            Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

            Comment


              #7
              Too many D’s and way too many RINO’s between us and him for that to happen. Even if the Repug’s retake the House, and they won’t, there is not enough courage among our elected fed reps to put pen to paper on this.
              Why not force states compliance with Heller better yet, take a page out of Obama’s book and use his telephone and his pen to avoid the Congress and just do it through EO?

              Comment


                #8
                The flip side is that maybe, big maybe, that if they swing everything they’ll go for broke on the whole agenda. A guy can dream can’t he?

                Comment


                  #9
                  my ass

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                    Too many D’s and way too many RINO’s between us and him for that to happen. Even if the Repug’s retake the House, and they won’t, there is not enough courage among our elected fed reps to put pen to paper on this.
                    Why not force states compliance with Heller better yet, take a page out of Obama’s book and use his telephone and his pen to avoid the Congress and just do it through EO?
                    Take the house? I'm not even sure they will keep the senate at this point.
                    Way too many republicans in tight races to be comfortable with the senate staying sane. And if we lose the senate, it won't matter if Trump gets re-elected. The dems will have the votes to oust a duly elected leader as soon as they seat for the next session.

                    Though I'm sure they have enough voter fraud planned to get Biden the vote of every man woman and child both living and dead in order to get him into the white house.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by TheMongoose View Post
                      Vote early. Seriously. Manpower issues at the Board of Elections will make Election Day a shit show.
                      I don't trust the mail in ballots this year and it's too important.
                      It's even possible ( okay, remotely possible) fr Trump to win NY
                      I will vote in person and no one will stop me. If it takes hours so be it
                      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by 67Builder View Post

                        Take the house? I'm not even sure they will keep the senate at this point.
                        Way too many republicans in tight races to be comfortable with the senate staying sane. And if we lose the senate, it won't matter if Trump gets re-elected. The dems will have the votes to oust a duly elected leader as soon as they seat for the next session.

                        Though I'm sure they have enough voter fraud planned to get Biden the vote of every man woman and child both living and dead in order to get him into the white house.
                        If we lost the Senate it matter even more that trump gets re elected.
                        A Biden Presidency with the Dems holding the House and Senate would mean we have President Pelosi in charge
                        "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Republicans in the House voted it in back in 2017. Then RINO Mitch McConnell refused to even entertain the bill in the Senate!

                          If Trumpy wins the Presidency, we still need Republicans to win the House, and Mitch McConnell in the Senate to either lose his seat while the Republicans still keep the Senate or change his tune while Republicans still keep the Senate!

                          I see our odds as far better with the S.C.O.T.U.S.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            source.gif

                            Comment


                              #15
                              My modeling tells me that it could go either way. POTUS is still up for grabs.
                              Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X