X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Here come the Anti-Gun Bills for 2021

And Here come the Anti-Gun Bills for 2021

Chris Eger
    Don't let the momentary interruption fool you, lawmakers on Capitol Hill have been able to submit a flurry of nationwide gun control proposals to be considered by the Democrat-controlled legislature.

The 117th U.S. Congress gaveled into session this week and at least a half-dozen anti-gun measures have been filed already with the House Judiciary Committee. The majority of those, four bills, were submitted by Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee, D-Texas, with the fifth and sixth filed by Reps. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., and Al Green, D-Texas, respectively.

Related: Republican Lawmakers Reboot Hearing Protection Act, Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

While the proposed texts and summaries for these legislative measures are not yet available to the public, the titles seem largely self-explanatory and likely mimic bills previously submitted by the same lawmakers in past sessions.

The proposals:

H.R.30 - To increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking.

H.R.121 - To provide for the hiring of 200 additional Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents and investigators to enforce gun laws.

H.R.125 - To amend Title 18, United States Code, to provide for a 7-day waiting period before a semiautomatic firearm, a silencer, armor piercing ammunition, or a large capacity ammunition magazine may be transferred.

H.R.127 - To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.

H.R.130 - To require the safe storage of firearms and ammunition, and to require the investigation of reports of improper storage of firearms or ammunition.

H.R.167 - To prohibit the transfer of a firearm at a gun show by a person who is not a federally licensed firearms dealer.

Meanwhile, additional and more sweeping bills are likely inbound.

Congressman David Cicilline, a Rhode Island Democrat, has for the past two sessions entered his ambitious bid to reboot and expand the long-expired federal ban on “assault weapons” within the first few weeks of being sworn in.

His latest attempt, which expired in December without leaving committee, had 216 co-sponsors in a chamber where only 218 votes are needed to pass legislation. This was likely due to the fact that it faced certain demise in a then-Republican controlled Senate or on President's Trump desk. Last October, as he was seeking reelection, Cicilline ran on a promise to continue his gun control efforts if sent back to Congress to represent Little Rhody.

The current party breakdown of the House has Dems with a razor-thin 222-211 margin over Republicans. In the Senate, with the outcome of special run-off elections in Georgia decided this week, Dems will hold sway over a split 50-50 chamber. Vice President Kamala Harris will have the tie-breaking vote, and Sen. Chuck Schumer will be the expected Senate Majority Leader
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

I’d like to believe that the Dems who will be vulnerable in 2022, and I suspect it will be a shit ton of them, will be wary of going too extreme w gun control. 222-211 is a close House, the bigger problem will be how the RINO’s vote. We have R’s who are less reliably conservative than some of the moderate D’s.

Comment

Note to self.
      Don't even consider looking at real estate in Texas

Comment

I think I'll go to sleep now

Comment

HR130...the safest storage is on my hip!
          Life Member: ASA, GOA, NRA

Comment

This is just the beginning. These guys will go full retard.
            Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
              I’d like to believe that the Dems who will be vulnerable in 2022, and I suspect it will be a shit ton of them, will be wary of going too extreme w gun control. 222-211 is a close House, the bigger problem will be how the RINO’s vote. We have R’s who are less reliably conservative than some of the moderate D’s.
              All it will take is one exploitable shooting and they will pass all this within 48 hours. They had everything ready to go before Parkland even happened, the scripts, the organizational apparatus, the law proposals, they were just waiting for a shooting.

Comment

Oh bless your heart. You’re one of those who still believes in “vulnerable” officials because you still believe that elections are real. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but real elections have officially Joined Santa Clause and The Easter Bunny.

Comment

I have no illusions that there will not be douchbaggery on a massive scale in the 117th Congress. I agree there will be petty opportunistic stabs at anti constitutional overreaching. I’m also confident that more Members of Congress are shallow, self serving, selfish, power drunk, survive by any means creatures who will not jeopardize their personal gigs for political or philosophical reasons.
                  2022 midterms are going to be savage. Middle America, despite what we just witnessed, has had enough of the bullshit and the Dems are going to paint a pretty clear picture for people of the importance of not returning the House gavels to them.
                  Not saying it’s not going to suck for 2 years...but I believe what I believe.

Immigration, taxes and gun control will ironically enough bite the left on their collective asses in 22.

Oh, I know Santa Clause and FWIW, he is a solid guy whose opinion I value and he is with me on this one.

Comment

I have no illusions that there will not be douchbaggery on a massive scale in the 117th Congress. I agree there will be petty opportunistic stabs at anti constitutional overreaching. I’m also confident that more Members of Congress are shallow, self serving, selfish, power drunk, survive by any means creatures who will not jeopardize their personal gigs for political or philosophical reasons.
                    2022 midterms are going to be savage. Middle America, despite what we just witnessed, has had enough of the bullshit and the Dems are going to paint a pretty clear picture for people of the importance of not returning the House gavels to them.

Immigration, taxes and gun control will ironically enough bite the left on their collective asses in 22.

Oh, I know Santa Clause and FWIW, he is a solid guy whose opinion I value and he is with me on this one.
                    FWIW? Who dat?
                    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

• Aquabach
                      Aquabach commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FWIW = For What It's Worth.
                      He's got mad texting skills

i have a bridge for sale --it connects brooklyn to nassau county

i need a huge fork emojy as its done

Comment

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong. But let’s park this here. Leave a marker and come back in 2022 to see how it ages. Dems expand majorities in house and senate. Through more fake elections.

Comment

Originally posted by HulkSmash22 View Post

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong. But let’s park this here. Leave a marker and come back in 2022 to see how it ages. Dems expand majorities in house and senate. Through more fake elections.
                        They know what can be done and how to do it. Only gets easier for them next time. Oh and mail in voting is here to stay and will not go away with COVID. That will be a bill in the first 6 months.

Comment

From one of the literary masterpieces of our time:

As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

Comment

• pequa1
                            pequa1 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Damn, I believe I have read this, but where ?

• Helmup
                            Helmup commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Pass the Brawndo

• raceradam
                            raceradam commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It's got what plants crave!

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                          Note to self.
                          Don't even consider looking at real estate in Texas
                          Of course those assclowns are reps in Democrap held, Houston, Austin and Dallas. Like everywhere else where the D’s are the douchebags are
                          A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith
                          :mg

Comment

Working...
                          X