No announcement yet.

NYT columnist wants mandatory "aim test" before all gun sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s say you’re blind. You live in the shithole part of town and you want to keep a handgun. Solely for the purpose if some douchebag wrestles you to the ground for whatever reason and you want the ability to put a handgun in their belly and pull the trigger. Should you be prohibited from owning a gun?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
      I am confused. how does a aim test keep guns out of criminals hands. secondly if criminals do have a gun why would you want them to aim well. thirdly and most importantly the second amendment does not state that you need to take a test to own a gun. so it's a stupid idea. should gun safety be taught in school I say absolutely a great idea.
      free speech does not require you to take a class in speaking.
      do not give away your constitutional rights ever
      It would only keep guns out of the hands of the elderly, women, the young, etc. basically all the ones who need guns the most.

And I am sick of the people who believe that others should not have a gun unless they are experts. You don't need to be an expert to defend yourself, or to have a right to do it. We let stupid people vote all the time; that's a lot more dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
        Let’s say you’re blind. You live in the shithole part of town and you want to keep a handgun. Solely for the purpose if some douchebag wrestles you to the ground for whatever reason and you want the ability to put a handgun in their belly and pull the trigger. Should you be prohibited from owning a gun?

Paul
        Exactly this /\

Comment

Originally posted by oshwan View Post
          Asking for a friend, is the mandatory Voting test we have to take to vote lifetime or do we need to renew?
          I'm sure the members of this site would fail the government exam that would be written by this government.

Comment

• incognito
            incognito commented
            Editing a comment
            Just look at the new questions added to the police entry exam looking for racial bias.

Originally posted by Theirishweaver View Post
          well....personally after seeing some really really stupid things happen at shooting ranges, and some stories that hit the news of accidents - i personally believe that all people should have to take the Hunters Ed course before purchasing their first firearm. But having to qualify in a range "aim test"??? LMFAO.
          And a history test and civics test before you are allowed to speak an opinion on politics. Certainly before you can vote
          And what we REALLY need is a permit suitability test before you are allowed to breed.

BTW, you’d fail the history test because it is blatantly obvious you don’t have a clue as to the reason for the second amendment.

I won;t give up on you yet though.
          Here’s Penn & teller explaining it

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Theirishweaver View Post

Agree to that - but the Hunters Ed course is not a Test it’s just basic education that can and does teach a person basic firearm safety. That’s the ultimate real way to help gun owners get a better grip on the 2A
            -^^^^^^Another reason we (2A community) cannot win against the unified left. We ourselves cannot come together with the same purpose and ideals that make up the heart of this issue. The American people have a right not a privilege to own , carry and if necessary defend ourselves with firearms. We don’t have to take a class, we don’t need background checks, we don’t need NYT columnists advise or the permission of government. If you feel YOU need a class take one, take 10. Force that upon yourself and leave me and my family and friends out of your shoulds and requirements. As a modern society we teach a lot of fucked up things to our children. We all have our own moral compass’ however if we can teach them about beliefs that we hold to be personal immoral then we can teach all children true safe firearm handling and marksmanship in every classroom in this country.
            A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith
            :mg

Comment

• Range Time
              Range Time commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a good point, except that school is for children, not adults.

• Theirishweaver
              Theirishweaver commented
              Editing a comment
              start em young!

• Aquabach
              Aquabach commented
              Editing a comment
              @Theirisgweaver
              Wanting safety training in school is NOT the same as requiring safety training to purchase a gun. Your logic is consistently flawed.
              You used your kids school training in internet security and I pointed out how it was not mandatory for them to have in order to go online. But of course you ignored it.
              It is people like you why we have the SAFE Acty and other moronic laws.
              You are part of the problem, definitely not part of the solution

hmm we may need a gender test soon to figure out which bathroom we are allowed into.
            let's make america great again

Comment

hmm we may need a gender test soon to figure out which bathroom we are allowed into.
              Actually the opposite, there will be only one bathroom, no urinals. BTW, this is not a joke.

Comment

Those "Washington" cheerleaders are out of a job. Perhaps they can be employed to determine whether we have a penis?

Comment

Originally posted by oshwan View Post

Actually the opposite, there will be only one bathroom, no urinals. BTW, this is not a joke.
                  I will miss urinals. Perhaps I'll have one installed in my man cave.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

I will miss urinals. Perhaps I'll have one installed in my man cave.
                    I miss sometimes but only if I am drunk
                    let's make america great again

Comment

I miss sometimes but only if I am drunk
                      These help with that.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X