No announcement yet.

SCPD Letter for those that bought an Other from Jerry's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone I know who purchased an "other" from Jerry's just got a letter from Suffolk PD essentially saying that they are aware of their purchase of a firearm from Jerry's that does not comply with the NYS penal law and that they have 15 days from the date of the letter to "present said firearm for inspection and disposition". Letter also states that they will not be charged as long as they comply within 15 days but can be arrested and charged if they do not.

Comment

• Mrprovy
      Mrprovy commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by 1895guy View Post

only problem is they can try to hit you with tampering with evidence... not that its right because non of this is right
      It's not evidence, it's personal property and anyone is allowed to take their property apart and sell the pieces.

any specifcs on the "other," I know Jerrys also sold a lot of shockwaves, etc. besides the braces.
    anyone post a copy?

Now, what if they went to their cabin in another state and bought the other there and sold it legally in a private sale in said other state?

Comment

Someone posted about this on the Canadian forum as well. Is SCPD coming out with a stance that these "Others" are non-compliant?

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post

Now, what if they went to their cabin in another state and bought the other there and sold it legally in a private sale in said other state?
      Isn't private sale in another state--as a non-res in said other state-- illegal?
      Have a nice day.

Comment

• Destro
        Destro commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, what if they took it to their cabin out of state and a bear ate it. IDK I don't own anything braced. The whole thing is tiresome.

• Joe Shmoe
        Joe Shmoe commented
        Editing a comment
        If a bear ate it would it have to be a non-res bear or could it be a resident bear? Where is said bears home and where is his domicile?
        😁😁😁😁😁😁

• ajoe59
        ajoe59 commented
        Editing a comment
        All I keep thinking about is a hunter finding an AR in a pile of bear crap and saying, "now how did this get here?"

Wow, this is interesting news. I'd love to know how SCPD is making these items illegal as to "fit" into the penal law. What are they reading and 'determining' that so many others aren't? How can one police department consider them legal, while other police departments consider them illegal - when they're looking at the same exact state laws?

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

• HyFiveGuns
        HyFiveGuns commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^^ this...

• SemiAutoFetish
        SemiAutoFetish commented
        Editing a comment
        What ajoe59 said.

• bigbore44
        bigbore44 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's the same as how does one county charge one reasonable fee for a permit and it's renewal, while the adjoining county bends everybody over without the use of any lube for the exact same STATE license/permit? Because they can. A NYS drivers license is the same price anywhere in the state, so why is the NYS pistol permit any different??

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
      Wow, this is interesting news. I'd love to know how SCPD is making these items illegal as to "fit" into the penal law. What are they reading and 'determining' that so many others aren't? How can one police department consider them legal, while other police departments consider them illegal - when they're looking at the same exact state laws?
      Communists and tyrants in the mix...that were educated by FUAC.

Life Member:
      American Suppressor Association
      Gun Owners of America
      Second Amendment Foundation
      National Rifle Association

Comment

any specifcs on the "other," I know Jerrys also sold a lot of shockwaves, etc. besides the braces.
        anyone post a copy?

What if they just left it at their cabin in another state; perfectly legal, and SCPD can't do anything other than attempt to get a warrant to search your Suffolk County residence for it.
        Life Member:
        American Suppressor Association
        Gun Owners of America
        Second Amendment Foundation
        National Rifle Association

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post

Communists and tyrants in the mix...that were educated by FUAC.
          I understand too well that growing up in downstate NY makes people scared of guns. "Others" are certainly a loophole in the law that some are legally (IMO) exploiting. So they need to change the NY law if their goal is to make them illegal - they can't just 'determine' illegality when the text of the law doesn't support it. This is very ATF-ish.
          "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Was DSI selling it's braced "Variant 1 Non-NFA Firearms" locally?

Comment

Was DSI selling it's braced "Variant 1 Non-NFA Firearms" locally?
              DSI lists these as not for sale in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post

DSI lists these as not for sale in NY.
                OK, So Jerry's out-DSI'd DSI. That's never a good thing.

Comment

How is it not in compliance with penal law. Its 100% legal to the letter of the current law just like a shockwave is.

Unless they see braces as stocks, then just take the brace off and leave the bare buffer tube. But they need to issue a formal statement saying this.

Comment

Safe to assume letter is similar to the Chester's letters?

image_49762.jpg

So, if a similar situation to Chester's, people in Suffolk are going to get paid a visit from SCPD, and everyone outside of Suffolk should expect Troop L/NYS GIU.
                    Steve

Comment

• SemiAutoFetish
                      SemiAutoFetish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      surprised it doesn't have dog piss on it LOL

• Diesel1
                      Diesel1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So if it passes the mustard, you take it home, but they don't say what happens if it doesn't? DO the reimburse? LOL I'm guessng the seize the property on the spot and you're left with your dick in your hand.

• raceradam
                      raceradam commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What if someone passes the ketchup instead? What if it’s Hunts instead of Heinz?! OH MY GOD, WHAT IF THEY SAY β€œCATSUP” INSTEAD OF β€œKETCHUP”?! This could get ugly really fast!

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
                    Safe to assume letter is similar to the Chester's letters?

image_49762.jpg
                    What's concerning is that the Jerry letter states "inspection and disposition". From a legal sense, isn't this defined as "transfer"?

"In trusts and estates law, a disposition is the transfer, gift or sale of property from one individual to another.
                    ​​​​"

Comment

Working...
                    X