Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please simplify this legalese???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please simplify this legalese???

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/A2666

Apparently, this passed the NYS Assembly & Senate?

So is it now or will it be illegal to "POSSESS" an unfinished receiver in this sinkhole??????
    Last edited by Sport454; 09-08-2021, 02:21 PM.

Clear as mud. Up until the last bit it seemed all about selling, not owning.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

The law 101: it does not matter if they tell you not to do something. What matters is whether they can stop you from doing something.

A candidate you can trust to Make Absurd Gunlaws Abolished. Vote mattyj513, for the various offices.

#undergroundgunrailroad

Comment

I could be wrong. I think this refers to 80% receivers? Is that right?

"unfinished"

That's crazy since those aren't even controlled by federal law. It's like making unsharpened pencils illegal, because you might sharpen it and stab someone.
        LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

they can pass any state law they want, this still has to be signed by the governor and then I believe is a grace period before it kicks in......but they know the law is bad, but it will have to legally be challenged and you know court battles are long, and in the meantime the BS law they created still stands till all the court battles are over, and ill bet a lobster dinner, no one is going to get an injunction on that law...it will take yaears just in new york state courts before it gets bucked up to the supreme court....
          You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
          Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot1965 View Post
            they can pass any state law they want, this still has to be signed by the governor and then I believe is a grace period before it kicks in......but they know the law is bad, but it will have to legally be challenged and you know court battles are long, and in the meantime the BS law they created still stands till all the court battles are over, and ill bet a lobster dinner, no one is going to get an injunction on that law...it will take yaears just in new york state courts before it gets bucked up to the supreme court....
            Sooooooooooo we're fucked?
            Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

• Patriot1965
              Patriot1965 commented
              Editing a comment
              in short term yes..long term depends if its taken to a court out of new york..even if the state loses in court years down the line, they kept people from using or doing whatever the law is for all that time, and in tthe eyes of the anti 2A..thats a win..

Whatever it means, LI legislators are well represented among the co-sponsors.

Comment

Dick Heller, yes that Heller, is filing a federal complaint against DC's ban on 80% kits. https://thereload.com/heller-takes-d...ghost-gun-ban/

Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Working...
              X