Is WLP losing the Board ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is WLP losing the Board ?

Is this a crack? Going to court was a bold step, let’s see how many other Board members jump on.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/24/nra-bo...re-in-lawsuit/

A member of the National Rifle Association’s board of directors says the only way to clean up the gun-rights group is to replace the current board and top executives — including CEO Wayne LaPierre, new court papers show.

In a Friday court filing, NRA board member Roscoe Marshall Jr. asked to intervene in New York Attorney General Letitia James’ lawsuit seeking to break up the organization over allegations that top execs, including LaPierre, siphoned millions of dollars and otherwise flouted non-profit rules to fund lavish lifestyles.

While Marshall doesn’t agree that the NRA should be broken up for good, he does believe the only way to fix the group is to appoint a temporary receiver and to install completely new leadership, according to papers his lawyer Taylor Bartlett filed in the Manhattan Supreme Court.

Bartlett says Marshall would be a good candidate for the temporary receiver position.

“Mr. Marshall recognizes and appreciates that without this action no meaningful change in the NRA’s governance will likely occur due to defendant LaPierre’s total control of the executive leadership and his dominance of the board,” the court documents claim.
    New York State Attorney General Letitia James has sought to disband the NRA.Ted Shaffrey/AP
    “To the extent possible Mr. Marshall will work with the Attorney General to reform the NRA’s leadership for the benefit of all rank-and-file NRA members,” the filing says. “Mr. Marshall will pursue recovery of all NRA funds wrongfully paid to the third parties implicated but not sued by the AG, while vigorously opposing the AG’s dissolution claim.”

James said her office is reviewing Marshall’s motion, adding, “we are glad to hear that Mr. Marshall agrees that Wayne LaPierre and his top lieutenants must be removed form the NRA.”

NRA lawyer William Brewer noted that Marshall’s attorneys recently lost a similar bid for two NRA members to intervene in the suit.
    Wayne LaPierre was among those named in the lawsuit.Jose Luis Magana, File/AP
    “Now, with literally only days left of his appointment as a board member, Mr. Marshall appears to object to the NRA’s current, winning strategy: defend the political attacks of the NYAG and maintain a commitment to good governance,” Brewer said.

A lawyer for LaPierre did not immediately return a request for comment.

Wayne's World
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Again , its been how many years and not one ounce of proof , tons of allegations------ but noting leaked of real misdeeds In today drive by-----Wayne seems to be still effective and this is why they are going after him

I have said before that if we looked at PRESIDENT TRUMP THE SAME WAY ( all the fake allegations ) he would never have been in office four years and his re election stolen from the American people .

I am just little people , but I want real proof before I THROW ANY ONE OUT .

Comment

Aaand they would appoint who? Yup replace them w gun grabber's destroy it from the inside

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post
          Again , its been how many years and not one ounce of proof , tons of allegations------ but noting leaked of real misdeeds In today drive by-----Wayne seems to be still effective and this is why they are going after him

I have said before that if we looked at PRESIDENT TRUMP THE SAME WAY ( all the fake allegations ) he would never have been in office four years and his re election stolen from the American people .

I am just little people , but I want real proof before I THROW ANY ONE OUT .
          I disagree with you regarding Wayne seems to be still effective.
          Obviously there has been internal strife of a level that outsiders know it.
          He has lost the confidence of a large portion of the membership.
          The ridiculous compensation he receives which has been brought to light with the clothing expenses on top of that adding insult to injury.
          I've never been impressed with him. I think he's a terrible speaker and for years I've felt we'd be better off with someone else as the public voice .
          Now I feel we would be much better off with someone else at the helm.

I became a Life Member back in 1980.
          I am now a Patron I think. One of those, " Give us more money and we will tell you your awesome" levels.
          But as long as Wayne is in charge I will not donate 1 cent to the NRA.
          It's time for him to retire.
          "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• vmtcmt
            vmtcmt commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed.

How awesome would it be if the result of this lawsuit backfires on the marxists and ends up cleaning out the deadweight of the NRA and enables it come back bigger, stronger and more aligned with its founding principles.

Comment

Its very easy to measure Wayne's ineffectiveness. If the NRA still had clout, the libtards and their propaganda media machine would still be attacking it every chance they get. They don't even bother mentioning the NRA anymore because they know its political influence has been kneecapped.

And now the libtards have shifted strategy with mega pockets like Bloomturd, they just groom up and comers with anti-2A kool aid behind the scenes, flood them with election money and takeover state legislations like they did in Virginia...the home of the NRA...now blue. Bloomturd literally bought the libtards Virginia. And what's the first thing the state legislature tried to do to repay him? Try and pass massive gun restrictions and bans. And it largely failed that round, but the seeds have been planted, and the roots are spreading.

Even if they scrapped the board, its gonna take years for the NRA to revamp assuming they even have someone with the vision to do so, and that's a shame. With massive spikes in the number of gun owners, there has never been a better time to reach out to all the newbies, a lot of whom are Democrats who need to be made aware they've been fed pure BS, and the NRA just isn't up to the task to take advantage of that. They need a total rebrand.
            Last edited by Banzai; 09-25-2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
              Its very easy to measure Wayne's ineffectiveness. If the NRA still had clout, the libtards and their propaganda media machine would still be attacking it every chance they get. They don't even bother mentioning the NRA anymore because they know its political influence has been kneecapped.

And now the libtards have shifted strategy with mega pockets like Bloomturd, they just groom up and comers with anti-2A kool aid behind the scenes, flood them with election money and takeover state legislations like they did in Virginia...the home of the NRA...now blue. Bloomturd literally bought the libtards Virginia. And what's the first thing the state legislature tried to do to repay him? Try and pass massive gun restrictions and bans. And it largely failed that round, but the seeds have been planted, and the roots are spreading.

Even if they scrapped the board, its gonna take years for the NRA to revamp assuming they even have someone with the vision to do so, and that's a shame. With massive spikes in the number of gun owners, there has never been a better time to reach out to all the newbies, a lot of whom are Democrats who need to be made aware they've been fed pure BS, and the NRA just isn't up to the task to take advantage of that. They need a total rebrand.
              I think the greatest shame of all this is that NRA is still an important and a good organization. The mission is a must do…the training, education and safety stuff, but the politics frequently override those in the uninformed eye of the public.
              That said, Wayne and his senior leadership team, even if everything being alleged is 100% inaccurate, have become liabilities and unnecessary distractions from the mission. They’ve also (IMHO) manipulated their roles in such a way that they largely subvert the Board and within any NFP, that is unacceptable.
              The mission and the integrity of the organization has to be the first priority of leadership, returning a legitimate voice to the membership as well…they have and are doing nothing to support those. In fact, quite the opposite. WLP has to step aside, for the good of NRA, even if he paints it as falling on his sword for the greater good, he has to go.

Comment

• Sparks25
                Sparks25 commented
                Editing a comment
                It is not the uninformed eye of the public, it is the intentionally misdirected eye of the public as part of the criminal civil rights violation by politicians and the complicit MSM.
            Working...
            X