Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillary Wants To Shut Down Non-Compliant Gun Dealers

Hillary Wants To Shut Down Non-Compliant Gun Dealers

Hillary Clinton wants to revoke the licenses of non-compliant gun dealers.

Gun dealers worry this means they could be shut down for clerical errors on required paperwork.

In response to a questionnaire given to the International Association of Chiefs of Police Hillary Clinton referenced a Bureau of Alcohol and Tobacco and Firearm statistic that says many gun dealers do not follow federal gun laws but few have their licenses revoked.

“New York has no control over another state’s gun laws, so it has to depend on the federal government to enforce federal firearms laws against irresponsible gun dealers across the country. It’s important to note that the vast majority of gun owners and gun dealers are responsible,” Clinton stated.

“But a few bad actors are responsible for supplying the vast majority guns used in crimes — and we need to shut them down,” Clinton continued. “Indeed, nearly 90 percent of guns recovered on crime scenes in America come from just 5 percent of gun dealers in America. We know who these bad actors are. But we rarely revoke a gun dealer’s license, even if they break the law.”

She added, “According to recent statistics, the ATF found that about one in three gun dealers were not compliant with federal gun laws. Yet, less than 1 percent of these stores had their licenses revoked. We need federal action on guns, and shutting down the major suppliers of illegal guns will be one of my priorities as president.”

The Washington Times reported in 2014 that the number of ATF field inspections doubled since 2005 and the number of violations discovered during the Obama administration spiked 30 percent. However, the rise in the number of violations did not equal a rise in the gravity of the violations.

According to ATF inspection results between 2012 and 2104, the most common reason for “failing federal firearms licensees” committing a violation in 2013 was for incorrectly filling out Form 4473, the over-the counter firearms transaction record.

The form, which includes a firearm’s manufacturer or importer, model, serial number, kind of firearm, caliber or gauge, date received, date of sale, the reference number, where the buyer lives, if the buyer is an illegal alien, or whether the purchaser ever committed a felony.

“One issue we see often is that the same mistake on a form repeated each time, like ‘Y’ instead of ‘Yes’ or an abbreviation of a county, gets misrepresented as ‘hundreds of violations’ by anti-gun interest groups. ATF says they have to note each one of the violations. So the ‘number of violations’ a dealer might have can be very misleading,” Shooting Sports Foundation’s Larry Keane told a Washington Post reader in 2010.

Each of the 132 items on the six-page questionnaire must be filled out and answering incorrectly is an ATF violation. One violation can result in a license revocation.

Violations concerning paperwork, which included wrong dates and not recording incoming shipments at a certain time, were the next four common mistakes licensed dealers made. Ultimately, selling a firearm to an individual who should not have been sold one ranked No. 10 on the 10-item list.

The Washington Times noted that half of the gun retailers who go through ATF audits end up with violations that could result in warning letters threatening revocation of their licenses.

“We take our responsibility for licensing persons engaged in manufacturing, importing and dealing in firearms, and ensuring those who are licensed to engage in those businesses do so in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, very seriously,” said Elizabeth Gosselin, a spokeswoman at ATF told The Times. “It is critical that [gun dealers] comply with the Gun Control Act and its implementing regulations first and foremost to ensure public safety, and second to assist law enforcement efforts and prevent the diversion of firearms from lawful commerce to the illegal market.”

Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

But Trump is bad right?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

How about shutting down "non-compliant" politicians

Comment

This bitch is going to stop at nothing to screw over law-abiding gun owners. If she can't outright ban guns she'll go after the sellers. If she can't do that, she'll make it near impossible to get ammo, etc.

Anyone who doesn't vote Trump loses their right to bitch about her screwing us over down the road.
        NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
        NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post

Anyone who doesn't vote Trump loses their right to bitch about her screwing us over down the road.
          I had dinner this evening with an old workplace friend.

Long story short - politics came up (he brought it up, not me) and he's absolutely in the NeverTrump camp. He's voting his conscience - voting for Gary Johnson.

When I told him the next President will be either Trump or Hilary, it didn't phase him.

I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
          I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

I had dinner this evening with an old workplace friend.

Long story short - politics came up (he brought it up, not me) and he's absolutely in the NeverTrump camp. He's voting his conscience - voting for Gary Johnson.

When I told him the next President will be either Trump or Hilary, it didn't phase him.
            So he's pissing his vote away basically. Grrreeeat.
            NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
            NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post

So he's pissing his vote away basically. Grrreeeat.
              Yup.

I tried to get that across to him. Like talking to a wall.

2mZJo10.jpg

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Clinton Bleaches emails, lies, put Americas National security at risk and plus lives but she says "I made a Mistake using a private Email account". Then get caught lying about everything else. Hillary the most Non-Compliant Politician wants to be President

Comment

Just try using this same standard for perfection against people who fill out forms for food stamps, housing subsidies, free public education, voting, etc. and see the whoop&holler!

Comment

Thats how many FFL's there are in the US. 3 times as many as there are grocery stores. There are 9 FFL's for each McDonalds in this country.
                    Killary has a hardon for gun owners, gun dealers, gun manufacturers...bla, bla, bla.
                    Factor that number of mostly small businesses, add the related ammunition industry, accessory producers and sellers, schools and trainers, sport, hunting and other shooting disciplines...you get the idea.
                    How many American jobs are involved in all of the above? What is the economic contribution to our national economy! Now buy some boots, a nice hat, some gloves, a new ATV, a few acres in the mountains for your hunting get away, an annual duck stamp, range memberships, license fees, probably a billion gallons of motor fuels for our gun related trips and Yaphank shuffles.
                    We and our law abiding, Constitutionally granted, tax paying brethren are an employment and economic force in this country.
                    Interesting that a candidate for POTUS can have designs on largely shutting it and us down and no one has anything to say about it.

Yikes

Comment

How about shutting down the LibTard IACP?
                      When they kick out your front door
                      How you gonna come?
                      With your hands on your head
                      Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

Working...
                      X