Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nassau legislature proposes new gun safety bill

http://longisland.news12.com/news/na...ill-1.11807970
    MINEOLA - A new bill proposed by the Nassau legislature is calling for stricter gun safety regulations.
    Lawmakers plan to introduce the "County Safe Gun" bill Wednesday. The legislation would require gun owners to secure and lock their firearms when they are not in use. Violators could face fines and possible jail time.
    The new measure is aimed at preventing theft and children or unauthorized users from getting hold of guns. Some question whether the bill hinders personal or home security.
    Supporters of the legislation plan to rally outside the steps of the county legislature building Wednesday.

But what if your guns identify as transgender?
    Wouldn't that make this law racist or something?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• M-14BULLETTS
      M-14BULLETTS commented
      Editing a comment
      you would now have to label your safe WHATEVER

• Southshorerob
      Southshorerob commented
      Editing a comment
      Theirs a poll on their home page please vote were are currently losing ...

• Aquabach
      Aquabach commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't vote
      I don't get news12

Lock them up when they are not in use? All my guns are locked in my safe except one, that one is always in use as my home defense system

Comment

If they're on display.... that's being in use as decoration.
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

The legislation should be accompanied by a reform to the "may issue" carry policy in Nassau County.

The Supreme Court in DC v Heller made it unconstitutional for the government to mandate you have an inoperable gun in the home through some trigger lock scheme. If you have to travel unarmed and can't carry, that means you are coming home to a locked, and hence unavailable firearm. The solution is to let you carry your handgun with you, so it is readily available when returning and only then would statute not interfere with the constitutional mandate in Heller.
        Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post
          The legislation should be accompanied by a reform to the "may issue" carry policy in Nassau County.

The Supreme Court in DC v Heller made it unconstitutional for the government to mandate you have an inoperable gun in the home through some trigger lock scheme. If you have to travel unarmed and can't carry, that means you are coming home to a locked, and hence unavailable firearm. The solution is to let you carry your handgun with you, so it is readily available when returning and only then would statute not interfere with the constitutional mandate in Heller.
          Makes perfect sense to me.
          Nassau is becoming more like NYC. Wtf did mangano do for us?

Comment

• Aquabach
            Aquabach commented
            Editing a comment
            Back Cuomo

Any firearm, in my home, that is not locked up & is readily accessible is in use & doing it's job.

If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...

Comment

If they do pass this crap, How are they going to check? 3:00 am inspections?
            If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...

Comment

It's a law just like the Safe act. They will only check if the police are called to your home for any reason. And I'm sure, they will add such a question to the pistol license application and renewal form. All just a way to entrap lawful gun owners, and do nothing to stop crime or gun accidents.
              Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
              Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Tonto View Post
                If they do pass this crap, How are they going to check? 3:00 am inspections?
                Not meant for that. But will slam the jail cell door hard on you if something goes down with one of YOUR guns, in someone elses hands, IE a little kid etc. Especially if it's a pistol. You will be fried, do not pass go, don't even think about collecting the $200. It will also be used as an add-on charge if the police are called in for any other issues, and they spot an unsecured weapon.

Comment

You will slso get jammed up if reported stolen, and found to have been unsecured.

Comment

• Grifhunter
                    Grifhunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is also going to be used to sue you. If years later your stolen gun ends up hurting someone in a crime, the victim will come after your deep pocket for not having secured the gun.

• bigbore44
                    bigbore44 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh you just know that's an absolute given Griff.

How are they going to enforce this shit? Home inspections? Or is just a tacked on charge to further fuck us? I'm thinking the latter.
                  “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
                    How are they going to enforce this shit? Home inspections? Or is just a tacked on charge to further fuck us? I'm thinking the latter.
                    Anytime your gun ends up at a crime scene you'll get to sit in a cell next to the guy who stole it from you. Like I said- you get to be victimized twice: once by the scum who burglarized you, once by the very government who failed to keep the scum predators locked up for life.
                    Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

• sheeple
                      sheeple commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Fuck this state and the people who support this crap.

Yes (536)
                    64%

No (295)
                    35%
                    its getting worse , for the common people

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
                      http://longisland.news12.com/news/na...ill-1.11807970

Supporters of the legislation plan to rally outside the steps of the county legislature building Wednesday.

Should we rent a bus to Mineola and counter-protest?

Comment

Working...
                      X