Home Depot bans worker from wearing 'America was never great' hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Depot bans worker from wearing 'America was never great' hat

Home Depot has banned a worker from wearing a hat emblazoned with the words 'America was never great' after legions of Donald Trump supporters complained.
    Krystal Lake, 22, wore a white cap carrying the slogan to work at a Home Depot store in Staten Island, New York, this week.
    A picture of her wearing the hat went viral and split Twitter and Facebook, with some calling her unpatriotic but others defending her right to free speech.
    Miss Lake says she has received a barrage of racist abuse and death threats, but insists she will not stop wearing the cap.

• SHARE PICTURE

Copy link to paste in your message

Home Depot has banned worker Krystal Lake from wearing a hat emblazoned with the words 'America was never great' after legions of Donald Trump supporters complained

Miss Lake, 22, wore a white cap carrying the slogan to work at a Home Depot store in Staten Island, New York, this week

The Home Depot worker and City University of New York student told the Staten Island Advance that she took inspiration from Trump's signature 'Make America Great Again' hats.
    'I feel [the 'America was never great' hat] offended a lot of people because a lot of Trump supporters live in Staten Island,' she said.
    'Trump is very rash and in your face, but when someone else has a message against him, his supporters can't take the criticisms.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz49EdIyBiq

Krystal Lake, 22, was pictured wearing the controversial cap to work at a Home Depot store in Staten Island, New York, and has since received a barrage of racist abuse and death threats.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.

- Rudyard Kipling

She should take that crap out of her nose while she is at it too. SMH

Comment

Not happy here? Don't like it in America? Then by all means go elsewhere! The world is open to her and her ilk, no one will keep them here.
      SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

• Rrudo74901
        Rrudo74901 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes if all the complaining non-America loving douche bags left, think of what a better place America would be. Years ago she would have been fired

I worked there 20 years ago. Back then, you were only allowed to wear a "Home Depot" hat. You also needed a collared shirt, back brace and safety shoes. A new manager was busting my chops for wearing a Yankees hat. Every time he asked where my HD hat was, I would ask why he wasn't wearing his back brace. It makes it hard to bitch about the rules when you are not following them yourself.

Comment

Of course she is free to express her opinion.
        Just as I'm free to shop at a store that doesn't pay her salary.

Comment

That "Now Hiring" tag on your apron? Lets hope it's there because they are going to fire your ass!
          Later, Steve
          People are crazy and times are strange
          I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
          I used to care but........ things have changed

Comment

Ha Ha! Screw her! loser
            Last edited by LazyLab; 05-20-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Ego feed ... Next week it will be someone new for a different reason .. Social media is great
              There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

• LazyLab
                LazyLab commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep! Look at me! I'm a social warrior.

I'll buy her a one-way ticket to North Korea so she can see what 'great' is all about.

Comment

• SteveT
                SteveT commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, I'm hearing good things about North Korea. Apparently in Pyongyang they now have electricity on Tuesday and Thursdays.

the fact that she can wear the hat and not get shot ,put in jail,raped ,public flogging,is able to go to school get a job etc proves that AMERICA is great, try that shit in some shit hole country and see what happens sister, 15 minute of fam flame goes out in 3 2 1 oh and if it sucks so bad dont let the door hit you in the ass

Comment

Originally posted by Lovemyglock View Post
                I'll buy her a one-way ticket to North Korea so she can see what 'great' is all about.
                She's of African ancestry.
                Send her back to Somalia or any one of the shithole's she should have grown up in.
                See how great that shithole is.
                "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Lovemyglock
                  Lovemyglock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  An even better idea but with my luck, the loser-in-chief will give her extended family a tax-funded one-way ticket here from Somalia to live with her in a tax-funded sanctuary city so she feels 'safe'...and there goes my next paycheck.

So better I send her on her way to Pyongyang to live out the good life so I can afford to eat next week

next...

Krystal Lake?? I guess her mother was a Friday the 13th fan.

Yeah of course she got racial comments, don't they all.

http://news10.com/2016/02/03/sources...albany-attack/

But wait it's not only racial. Even the fags are faking stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...le-foods-cake/

I'm so sick of this crap.
                The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

• Mad Russian
                  Mad Russian commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whole Foods should have pressed on with the he defamation suit on principles. But principles and morals are in short supply these days...

Freedom of expression is a right(even for members of the FSA, black lives matter movement etc etc) . I paid for the additional lettering to fix it for her. Like everything else, someone else is always paying their way...

Comment

Originally posted by Pitbull428 View Post
                  Freedom of expression is a right(even for members of the FSA, black lives matter movement etc etc) . I paid for the additional lettering to fix it for her. Like everything else, someone else is always paying their way...

Yup that whole freedom of expression. Where is the freedom to kick someone's ass?

The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

If she wasn't working there I'd say it's her right to be a jackass. But she was....so....employer gets last say.
                    “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X