Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#IStand 4Chris

What is planned?

Antifa factions nationwide plan to deface and destroy statues of Christopher Columbus on Monday, the day Americans nationwide will celebrate the Italian navigator who was the first European explorer to discover the Americas.

In September, a New York City-based radical anarchist group known as “Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement” called on Antifa groups nationwide to participate in “Deface Columbus Day,” where anarchists plan to “decorate” their local neighborhoods. RAM is an “extremely militant group that advocates for the violent redistribution of property” and for “the abolition of gender,” according to Far Left Watch.

The group even made a promotional video for the day, which shows anarchists dressed in black defacing and destroying monuments:
    What did the group say?

The group released a press release on far-left wing website It’s Going Down. They said:
    The battles lines have been drawn and white supremacists are on notice. White nationalist statues are crumbling all over the US as our collective revolutionary power is growing. As the monuments of white supremacist society fall we must continue to make it clear that their reign of terror is coming to an end.

For the occasion of Columbus Day, October 9th, one of the most vile ‘holidays’ of the year, the Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement is calling for collectives all over the country to take action against this day and in support of indigenous people in the US and abroad who have been victims of colonialism and genocide.

We are calling for groups to “decorate” their neighborhoods as they see fit: put up murals, wheatpaste posters, drop a banner, etc. On October 9th put a picture of your action on social media and use the hashtags below. With these actions multiplied around the country, we will make it unequivocally clear that revolutionaries will always stand with the indigenous!
    They’ve already been at it

Antifa and groups like RAM have already begun their reign of terror on Columbus monuments. In August, Antifa thugs destroyed the oldest Columbus monument in the nation, while later that month they beheaded a Columbus monument in Yonkers. Why do anarchists hate Columbus?

Far-left wing Americans and groups like Antifa despise Christopher Columbus because he allegedly exemplified many things that anarchists will use revolutionary violence to oppose, such as colonialism, capitalism and racism.
    If this is credible, and Cuomo doesn't call up the National Guard to quell this...

Wait a minute, Cuomo would throw anyone including his heritage under the progressive bus.

Nevermind...
    "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
    Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Where's there a statue around here?

I agree that someone should be mobilized if this is credible. Sounds more like a riot than anything else.
    “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

So they're 'an extremely violent group that advocates the redistribution of property"?

They better double check on who's door they come-a-knckin' on.
      Have a nice day.

Comment

I'm gonna mock up a Christopher Columbus statue on my front lawn and just wait. Just me and my dogs......

Comment

Why do they hate Columbus?

Here's a quick video that tells why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MJoKhO9G1g

Comment

Im upset im gnna be outta town that weekend. I kinda wanna be around lol

Comment

I feel like Columbus isn't exactly the guy to make a stand on. He was kind of a monster. And not in the flawed founding father who was smart but owned slaves. But in the literally killed a couple hundred thousand natives in 30 years.

Comment

NYPD has had a patrol on Columbus circle 24/7 for a while now.
                High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by wdeister08 View Post
                  I feel like Columbus isn't exactly the guy to make a stand on. He was kind of a monster. And not in the flawed founding father who was smart but owned slaves. But in the literally killed a couple hundred thousand natives in 30 years.
                  Can I get a link to some of this stuff? I know there was an incident with Pox ridden blankets, but that wasn't intentional. Genuinely curious.
                  “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Most of the pioneers, explorers and settlers were not altar boys. I wasn't here in the 1600's but I'm guessing life was tough. Survival and survival of the fittest, illness, cultures that were based on fighting, taking what you wanted/needed and some of it would pass today for brutality.
                    They didn't have Facebook and Twitter to teach them about acceptance and live and let live. Shit that passes today for pretty effed up was more like the normal of their time.

Verrazano was a pirate who murdered countless Spaniards.
                    Tne Crusades took as many as 9 million lives...in the name of religion, of course.
                    Even tne US Army killed countless Indians while bringing "civilization" to the west.

Columbus may have been a bastard, I don't know, but whatever he was doesn't change a thing about our history and his role...real or imagined. Revisionist history is its own form of informational and educational genocide.

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post

Can I get a link to some of this stuff? I know there was an incident with Pox ridden blankets, but that wasn't intentional. Genuinely curious.
                      https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...e-lost-mariner

Good article if you have some time. It's probably 5-8k words.

Some lowlights if you will: He disputed the view that the world's oceans were between 140-180 degrees long. Most scholars and learned people followed Ptolemy's calculation that the known world of Eurasia and Africa was 180 degrees. He actually used a Frenchmans opinion, and even then Columbus thought he was wrong and that Eurasia from West to East was over 200 degrees (it's only about 150). If he hadn't actually found the Western continents he would've died at sea using his own math.

He talks about taking all the Taino people on Hispanola (where he first actually landed) captive or simply imprisoning them on their island to take their gold - which they didnt have. He or allowed one of his crew to torture one of the samples (a person) he brought back for the Spanish court by cutting off their ears.

He was accused of genocide or terrible cruelty even in his own time, by one of his own crewmates who became famous for "evolving" on the issue. On the island of Hispanola alone, the Taino population went from over 500k to under 300 in 30 years. Not 300k. 300.

The myth, I and probably most of the last 2-3 generations were fed was written by Washington Irving to sell books. The Irish and Italian immigrants adopted this accounting as gospel as a selfmade man making it in the New world and helped perpetuate this version of Columbus I.e. Discovered America, proved to everyone the Earth was round, etc

Again. Not a fan of perpetuating the myth of Columbus as some great American hero. Especially given the fact he wasnt even on America. Ever. I'd rather the Italian Pride celebration that Columbus day is become unaffiliated with such a historical dick.

Comment

I thought Cuomo would have removed it already..
                        I wonder if any antifa will give there holiday pay back..

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

They didn't have Facebook and Twitter to teach them about acceptance and live and let live.
                          Hahahahaha

I really do love this forum. You guys are the best.
                          NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
                          NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Originally posted by wdeister08 View Post

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...e-lost-mariner

Good article if you have some time. It's probably 5-8k words.

Some lowlights if you will: He disputed the view that the world's oceans were between 140-180 degrees long. Most scholars and learned people followed Ptolemy's calculation that the known world of Eurasia and Africa was 180 degrees. He actually used a Frenchmans opinion, and even then Columbus thought he was wrong and that Eurasia from West to East was over 200 degrees (it's only about 150). If he hadn't actually found the Western continents he would've died at sea using his own math.

He talks about taking all the Taino people on Hispanola (where he first actually landed) captive or simply imprisoning them on their island to take their gold - which they didnt have. He or allowed one of his crew to torture one of the samples (a person) he brought back for the Spanish court by cutting off their ears.

He was accused of genocide or terrible cruelty even in his own time, by one of his own crewmates who became famous for "evolving" on the issue. On the island of Hispanola alone, the Taino population went from over 500k to under 300 in 30 years. Not 300k. 300.

The myth, I and probably most of the last 2-3 generations were fed was written by Washington Irving to sell books. The Irish and Italian immigrants adopted this accounting as gospel as a selfmade man making it in the New world and helped perpetuate this version of Columbus I.e. Discovered America, proved to everyone the Earth was round, etc

Again. Not a fan of perpetuating the myth of Columbus as some great American hero. Especially given the fact he wasnt even on America. Ever. I'd rather the Italian Pride celebration that Columbus day is become unaffiliated with such a historical dick.
                            What happened with the Taino was indeed 'wrong' by today's standards, but we can't judge their actions by what is deemed 'right' and 'moral' today. Columbus had the crown behind him (after numerous attempts) when he established La Isabela and subjugated the population there. He was removed after a few years not because of any brutality, but because complaints were lodged against him claiming "mismanagement" of the island. It was descending into chaos, so he was removed.

You can't erase history and what was done. Completely disagree with any sanitizing or revisionism.

I agree regarding the earth was round etc. At that point in time it was widely accepted that the earth was indeed round. Even the Church (save for a minute few) accepted that fact long before Columbus.
                            Last edited by sheeple; 10-09-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I never thought Columbus should have been thought as a hero in any way, and there certainly should not be a holiday for this guy. He got lost, really lost and thought Hispaniola was India. That is about as lost as you can get. He 'discovered' an island that had thousands of people living there and enslaved or killed most of them. That being said I also do not think that people from the past should be held to the same ideals and political correctness of today. If they want to take the statues down then take them down because he didn't discover America (and put up a statue of Lief Erickson) not because he violated political correctness of today.

Comment

Working...
                              X