X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuomo Spokesman: Gun Used In Attack Banned Under SAFE Act

From the Morning Memo:

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration has vehemently defended the SAFE Act, a controversial package of gun control laws, and on Sunday continued to do so after an attack on a night club in Orlando killed at least 50 people.

[email protected] banned their sale in NY in 2013,” tweeted Cuomo spokesman Rich Azzopardi when linking to an articleabout the AR-15 style weapons used in other mass shootings. “Paid a price in the polls, but was the right thing to do.”

The Orlando shooter, Omar Mateen, is believed to have used an AR-15-style weapon when carrying out the attack.

Still, there is some debate over the extent to which the SAFE Act bans such weapons.

Opponents of the measure argue the ban can be avoided with simple changes to the weapon, pointing out that removing the pistol grip on some AR-15 models and it becomes legal under the law.

Proponents of the measure point other facets such as a second hand grip or a muzzle shroud make it easier to fire the weapon and thus more deadly.

Cuomo has in the wake of mass shootings, as well as the death of administration Carey Gabay from a stray bullet, pushed for a crack down on illegal weapons traveling into New York.

In December, Cuomo called for the closing of the “terror gap” — a bill in Congress that would block those on the federal terrorism watch list from purchasing firearms. Gun-rights advocates say the watch list is flawed and could inadvertently include law-abiding people.
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

FUAC
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What an asshole. He should have also mentioned it is also against the law to shoot and kill people without just cause here.

Comment

• Hannco
        Hannco commented
        Editing a comment
        Beat me to it!

Originally posted by Paté View Post

From the Morning Memo:

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration has vehemently defended the SAFE Act, a controversial package of gun control laws, and on Sunday continued to do so after an attack on a night club in Orlando killed at least 50 people.

[email protected] banned their sale in NY in 2013,” tweeted Cuomo spokesman Rich Azzopardi when linking to an articleabout the AR-15 style weapons used in other mass shootings. “Paid a price in the polls, but was the right thing to do.”

The Orlando shooter, Omar Mateen, is believed to have used an AR-15-style weapon when carrying out the attack.

Still, there is some debate over the extent to which the SAFE Act bans such weapons.

Opponents of the measure argue the ban can be avoided with simple changes to the weapon, pointing out that removing the pistol grip on some AR-15 models and it becomes legal under the law.

Proponents of the measure point other facets such as a second hand grip or a muzzle shroud make it easier to fire the weapon and thus more deadly.

Cuomo has in the wake of mass shootings, as well as the death of administration Carey Gabay from a stray bullet, pushed for a crack down on illegal weapons traveling into New York.

In December, Cuomo called for the closing of the “terror gap” — a bill in Congress that would block those on the federal terrorism watch list from purchasing firearms. Gun-rights advocates say the watch list is flawed and could inadvertently include law-abiding people.
      Attention: Mister Wonderful, every gun was banned at this gun free zone venue. UnSafe would have prevented nothing, you asshole!
      True freedom and our inherent responsibility:
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...18&version=NLT
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...hronicles+7:14

Comment

• Idiocracy
        Idiocracy commented
        Editing a comment
        Nailed it.

I hope he stumbled into a stud farm for Clydesdale horses and gets fucked to death.

No it's not. You fuck.

Can't argue against data. Mass shootings are on the decline and account for an infinitesimal amount of deaths in the grand scheme of things. Don't get me wrong, it pisses me the fuck off when I read about innocent people being slaughtered like cattle for no reason, but one armed civilian could have stopped this most recent massacre.
      Last edited by sheeple; 06-13-2016, 08:41 AM.
      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Destro
        Destro commented
        Editing a comment
        This. It's mainly the instant media, 24/7 connected smart phone newscycle we now live in.

There were actually more mass and spree shootings in the 1990s when we only had beepers and basic cel phones and 80 channels. And we have more guns today, so the per capita incident level is tiny compared to legal ownership.

These days I know what Kim Kardashian had for lunch today and when she takes a crap, and the shootings are also magnified on the news which of course has an agenda...so it seems like- OMG another shooting, when is enough enough?- to the sheeple.

Imagine such instant news feeds during violent times like the Wild West or Civil War? Or imagine if every drug murder in Chicago was reported on the national stage.

A piece of shit willing to shoot over 100 people is going to worry about violating the unsafe act?
      I hope Cuomo winds up next to that guy in hell.

Comment

Didn't know Glocks were banned under the Safe act. They like to forget the fact the shooter also used a Glock handgun. But they can't sensationalized the handgun like the AR.
        Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
        Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

• LazyLab
          LazyLab commented
          Editing a comment
          And so? Is a glock any different then other handguns? I Don't get your point. Saying what your saying is just feeding into the lib media mentality.

• 1895guy
          1895guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Que?? ^^^

These morons just don't get it. If you ban every type of firearm criminals and islamic terrorists will still find a way to get them and commit mayhem and murder with them. France has much stricter gun laws then does the state of NY but it didn't stop islamic murderers last year from butchering innocents and Andys 'laws' wouldn't have stopped it in Florida. His rambling on the subject just makes him look like the unbelievable myopic simpleton he is.
        "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

wtf is his point? that the shooting happened in FL instead of NY because of the Safe Act? Well, France bans ARs too. What good did it do them?

Comment

• LazyLab
            LazyLab commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I take from his comments. He's patting himself on the back while the dead still lay were they fell.

Right because people who want to kill need a gun
          http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/08/us/kal...ead/index.html

Ban Chevys
          Ben

Comment

What if it was NY and what if this "banned" rifle was registered making it 100% legal? Then what asshat cumhole?

Comment

• LazyLab
              LazyLab commented
              Editing a comment
              Then we will see the confiscation of all the registered rifles in the database after he pens some illegal order. Knock Knock! Hand it over by order of the King.

Since all you need to do to stop these sort of things is to just pass a law, I think we should ban shooting people. That terrorist might have the gun, but he won't be allowed to use it. That should work.
            “The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
            Alexander Hamilton

Comment

I feel bad for all those that registered their rifles with NY. I feel Cuomo will try and confiscate to prove a point.
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
              - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
              - James Madison

Comment

• LazyLab
                LazyLab commented
                Editing a comment
                It will

• Aquabach
                Aquabach commented
                Editing a comment
                They made their choice. If they get them confiscated I won't feel so bad about it.
                That's just my opinion

• MossbergMan
                MossbergMan commented
                Editing a comment
                It would be no surprise to me.. a registered rifle is a confiscated rifle in waiting.

All bow down to Princess Andy! In his and liberal fantasyland: Had it not been for his SafeAct, that dirt bag radical terrorist would have shot up the Stonewall Inn! In reality, what a self righteous, egomaniacal piece of shit (not to mention "dictator wannabe"). Come on Preet brother, dig a little deeper, and indict this corrupt menace to freedom!

Comment

what a Fucktard florida does not give a Fuck what Ny did. This is a self pat on the back Bullshit

Comment

Working...
                X