• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s for our safety!

Nassau bans the sale and use of sparklers

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 11:45 AM EDTUpdated: Jun 12, 2018 4:19 PM EDT

Nassau bans the sale and use of sparklers
    MINEOLA -

A Fourth of July staple is no longer allowed to be used in Nassau.

Nassau officials signed a new law Tuesday banning the sale and use of sparklers in the county.

While the devices may seem harmless, officials say the majority of fireworks-related injuries for children are brought about by sparklers

Outlaw swimming pools and bicycles too. And roller skates and skateboards while you’re at it.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I feel better.......my father would give us one of his cigarettes and we would light the fireworks he purchased in chinatown with it and only take a puff so the cigarette would stay lit........I am so lucky I survived without all these laws

Comment

I wonder if those glow sticks will be considered a “work around” by a leo and some little tyke will be getting pinched along with their parents.

Comment

That's what we get for letting a democrat win.

"Nassau County Executive Laura Curran signed a bill Tuesday morning prohibiting the sale and use of sparkling devices in the county.

"They look harmless, but they are incredibly harmful," Curran said. "They can cause fires and serious, serious injury."

A more imbecilic statement I have not seen.
          “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Any catch the press conference SMH
            I am so done with NY.

Comment

Well if you can get jammed up for having sparklers ...might as well just get the "Good Stuff"
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvJai5IC6c

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                Outlaw swimming pools and bicycles too. And roller skates and skateboards while you’re at it.
                dont give them any more ideas.
                Why not just a public service announcement.
                Maybe Trump could get the message through.
                “Hey dumbass, don’t touch the sparkly part, it’s hot”

Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

so govt just keeps adding new laws. and they add them just for political reasons. i wonder where it will end
                  let's make america great again

Comment

What’s this word coming to that sparklers get banned. Fucked....

Comment

Punks and snakes are still GTG! 🖕🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
                        so govt just keeps adding new laws. and they add them just for political reasons. i wonder where it will end
                        The State line.

Comment

I’m glad that millions of New Yorkers gives the government the finger on the 4th of July and celebrates their “independence” by lighting off illegal fireworks anyway

may that American spirit endure through all this bullshit
                          The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
                            That's what we get for letting a democrat win.

"Nassau County Executive Laura Curran signed a bill Tuesday morning prohibiting the sale and use of sparkling devices in the county.

"They look harmless, but they are incredibly harmful," Curran said. "They can cause fires and serious, serious injury."

A more imbecilic statement I have not seen.
                            so can candles you dumb cunt!
                            Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
                              I wonder if those glow sticks will be considered a “work around” by a leo and some little tyke will be getting pinched along with their parents.
                              Glow sticks are the Thordsen stocks of sparklers.
                              Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Working...
                              X