• Show
Clear All

i am a proud lifetime member
    i laugh at liberals when they start eating there own. lets not do that here

let's make america great again

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
      i am a proud lifetime member
      i laugh at liberals when they start eating there own. lets not do that here
      Those who complain about the NRA's lack of effort in NY (due to limited funding) are the same ones that don't fund the NRA.
      The NRA's fight for the Second Amendment is nation-wide.
      We live in a leftist/blue yet we vote anyway. This is no different.
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellar View Post

Hey GUY! YOU asked:
        Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

I answered some of your points with my opinions.

What specifically do you want them to do?

And MY answer was:

Defend the Second Amendment in New York. That's awfully vague. They do defend the second amendment in NY. You may not think they do so enough but they do.

They don't even have to take on the state to start. As far as the state is concerned, we're good to go on concealed carry. They don't want any part of what the local issuing officials do with administrative restrictions, wait times, the intentionally convoluted application process, and licensing fees.

How? How are they supposed to fight the bullshit our counties do to us?
        On what grounds can they be sued? And more importantly how can it be won?

The NRA even pays attention to our county. I googled NRA versus Suffolk County and found this back in 2006:

Last Stand for New York's Suffolk County Trap & Skeet Range!

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2006...-suffolk-count
        "......Everyone should make a concerted effort to be there to speak against this proposal, but if you are unable to attend this hearing please contact Mr. Bill Lindsay, the Presiding officer of the Suffolk County Legislature as soon as possible at 631-854-9611 or by fax at 631-854-9687 and respectfully urge the rejection of IR-1738-2006......"

Standard capacity magazines and handguns declared assault weapons because they're so heavy they'll pull your pants down if you try to pocket carry would be a good next level.
        No pro 2A group has sued any of the states with magazine capacity restrictions because it's felt that it would lose. Vermont is being sued over their new one but the suit is because it violates their state constitution. That's unique.

Finally, some frigging outcry over the Safe Act would go a long way.

They've been "crying" about the SAFE Act since it was passed? Seriously. They've been trying to get it overturned. Just cause you don't read about in the NY Times or see it on TV doesn't mean they haven't come out against it often.

New York: Fight Continues Against SAFE Act and Dozens of Other Anti-Gun Bills

"NRA is also fighting to end the state’s funding of the ammunition background check database. As a result, we met with legislators during budget hearings in April. In New York, the Governor has broad funding authority, and it is very difficult to block lump sum appropriations. However, we plan to continue to fight this waste of taxpayer money on an unconstitutional infringement, just as we did successfully with CoBis. These are just a couple of examples of how we are targeting SAFE Act reforms in the event that full repeal isn't successful at the Statehouse.

Please continue to follow NRA-ILA alerts for further updates as we continue to fight these battles for law-abiding New York gun owners in both Albany and the courts."

They've had years to get started on this stuff before suddenly getting riled up over the insurance thing and now this First Amendment stuff.

They have been actively fighting for years.
        They haven't "suddenly got riled up." They do not have unlimited resources and even if they did a smart strategy is to pick your fights.
        You're anger is so great you are not thinking clearly. You complain about the NRA not doing anything but now you're super pissed that they are suing "
        over the insurance thing and now this First Amendment stuff." That's contradictory. Even if you feel they are only doing it to make money on insurance. A good fight against gun control is still a good fight.

You went on to gleefully tell me that my membership with the NRA was never going to do jack about any of that like I'm supposed to be embarrassed that I joined to further those goals.

I didn't see him " gleefully doing that at all. He's calm and you're angry. Think about it.
        It is a terrible uphill battle in this liberal shithole. The odds are against us. the majority of the power is against us. That's reality

Frustrating to see the NRA keep popping up in the news challenging New York on things that are comically peripheral to the main problem. That's my involvement in this thread. That's what I wanted to express.

I can share in your frustration in this.
        But it's not comically peripheral to the main problem. It's part of it. If NY succeeds at this they can literally force gun dealers out of business by denying them financial services they need to conduct their business. Think about that. No more gun stores.

I think you're mistaken about what the NRA has done and is doing. You may think it's not enough but your anger IMO is unwarranted.
        If you don't want to donate to them that's fine. Give to organizations that are fighting in a manner you approve of more. That's great.
        Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

Those who complain about the NRA's lack of effort in NY (due to limited funding) are the same ones that don't fund the NRA.
          The NRA's fight for the Second Amendment is nation-wide.
          We live in a leftist/blue yet we vote anyway. This is no different.
          Yup
          Ring of Freedom/Benefactor Life Member, been a member for over 50 years, a Life Member for over 40 and I donate to the ILA and the Civil Defense Fund whenever I can. Could I use the money somewhere else? You betcher ass I could, but I know this is a cause I MUST fight for. Been to more meetings and have spoken before more committees than most of you will ever see, many times at personal and/or financial cost.There are a lot of us who have been in this fight for a long time, and have seen the needle move this way or that. To those of you who seem to be bitching the loudest- What the fuck exactly have YOU done besides pound on your keyboard?
          Last edited by NRATC53; 07-03-2018, 01:22 PM.
          Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

The above post may be strong for some, I don't care. I get sick of seeing this same crap pop up over and over again, usually led by the usual suspects

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post
              The above post may be strong for some, I don't care. I get sick of seeing this same crap pop up over and over again, usually led by the usual suspects
              Well-Im-Offended-That-Your-Offended.jpg

Comment

It's like the episode where Kramer doesn't wear the ribbon to the parade in here.

Comment

It's like the episode where Kramer doesn't wear the ribbon to the parade in here.
                  It wasn't an issue of conformity or group think, but a simple correction of notably false facts about an organization important to the civil rights of the posters. Part of me suspects you're trolling a smidge.

Whatever happened to that episode? Never see it anymore.
                  Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

A forum of gun owners that support the NRA? Next you're gonna tell me none of you voted for Cuomo?

Comment

Hey, is the NRA ILA battling New York over the insurance or the NRA?

Did the NRA ILA file a lawsuit against New York over this more recent thing with the banks and insurance companies or did the NRA do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

It wasn't an issue of conformity or group think, but a simple correction of notably false facts about an organization important to the civil rights of the posters. Part of me suspects you're trolling a smidge.

Whatever happened to that episode? Never see it anymore.
                        Oh no. Is that going to be a lost episode now?

I'm surprised Seinfeld/David went to some of the places they went to. It's cool that political ideology and political correctness didn't get in the way if something was funny.

Comment

Pres. Trump is making America great again. It might not trickle down to NY too much but that's not his fault. He's got an entire country to un-fuck. I'm still damned glad we have him. Similarly, the NRA is the best advocate America has for the Second Amendment. All this means is New York sucks. Want them to do more?.... Help them out.

Comment

Hey, is the NRA ILA battling New York over the insurance or the NRA?

Did the NRA ILA file a lawsuit against New York over this more recent thing with the banks and insurance companies or did the NRA do that?
                            NRA is restricted in its actions by its tax status. NRA-ILA does legislative work

NRA was the party attacked by Cuomo, so (I believe) they are the organization that has standing in the suit
                            "Last month, Mr. Cuomo directed the state’s Department of Financial Services “to urge companies to weigh reputational risk of business ties” to the NRA and similar organizations."

Comment

Oh no. Is that going to be a lost episode now?

I'm surprised Seinfeld/David went to some of the places they went to. It's cool that political ideology and political correctness didn't get in the way if something was funny.
                              I would think so. Back then it was satire and pretty funny. Today these guys are the modern Democratic party.

noribbonhqdefault.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

NRA is restricted in its actions by its tax status. NRA-ILA does legislative work

NRA was the party attacked by Cuomo, so (I believe) they are the organization that has standing in the suit
                                "Last month, Mr. Cuomo directed the state’s Department of Financial Services “to urge companies to weigh reputational risk of business ties” to the NRA and similar organizations."
                                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X