Social Media Gun Bill Introduced In Senate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Media Gun Bill Introduced In Senate

Well gentlemen I know this a complete violation of our rights but we need to write our senators and assemblymen to oppose this bill. I know it may seem futile but sitting here and screaming about how much this state sucks isn't going to protect what's left of our right.

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/s9197
    Last edited by bcwood64; 12-03-2018, 05:21 PM.

Forget about the blatant Constitutional violations this poses for a second...so when an unhinged-snowflake-liberal says something on Facebook about how all Republicans are evil white supremacists, which is very common and totally racist, do they get denied when they want to buy a shotgun for home defense? Or do the Thought Police, whoever and however they get chosen, say "Oh no, that's fine, we're only hunting for Republican comments and Pro Trump rhetoric"...the Pandora's box this nonsense opens up is mind boggling. I gotta re-read 1984.

Comment

Last I checked, hate speech is still protected. So by exercising your first amendment rights, you can get denied your second amendment right?

Comment

Now it's for rifle and shotgun purchase? I thought it was for pistol license application and renewal.

Comment

Here's a link, once you fill it out they will send a pre written email that you oppose this bill. Can't make it any easier guys...

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/oppose_ny_s_9191

Comment

I submitted my vote and my thoughts (in opposition) in a letter to NY State Senator Phillips. Hoping the rest of you do likewise with your state senators.

Comment

Not only will they look at your Internet search history and use of social media but they are giving the police the power to search for "ANY OTHER ISSUE DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE POLICE AUTHORITY" in making a determination '...TO ASCERTAIN WHETHER ANY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT OR SEARCH ENGINE HISTORY OF A PURCHASER OF A RIFLE OR SHOTGUN PRESENTS ANY GOOD CAUSE FOR THE DENIAL OF SUCH PURCHASE'.

The text of the bill can be seen here: https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2017/S9197

Comment

This is so wrong in so many ways . Mr Brownell are you listening to this? Hello Mr Cox wake the fuck up

Comment

Originally posted by bcwood64 View Post
                  Here's a link, once you fill it out they will send a pre written email that you oppose this bill. Can't make it any easier guys...

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/oppose_ny_s_9191
                  That's a different bill

Comment

Done.

Comment

We are talking about two different bills. S9191 applies to pistol license applications and renewals. S9197 applies to the purchase of long guns.
                      Aside from being unconstitutional and Orwellian, how do these fucking idiots think this could even be implemented?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat M View Post
                        We are talking about two different bills. S9191 applies to pistol license applications and renewals. S9197 applies to the purchase of long guns.
                        Aside from being unconstitutional and Orwellian, how do these fucking idiots think this could even be implemented?
                        They don't have to implement it, all they have to do is write the law. Do they enforce laws on felons who try to buy firearms and fail a NICS check?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat M View Post
                          Now it's for rifle and shotgun purchase? I thought it was for pistol license application and renewal.
                          That's next after they get this passed

Comment

Yeah, I emailed Kemp Hannon and Montesano but were so fucked no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post
                              Yeah, I emailed Kemp Hannon and Montesano but were so fucked no matter what.
                              Chump Hannon lost re-election

Comment

Working...
                              X