• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY Bill #A01724

A01724 Summary:
    BILL NO A01724
    SAME AS No Same As
    SPONSOR Simon
    COSPNSR Jaffee, Mosley, Hyndman, Williams, Gottfried, Colton, Bichotte, D'Urso, Lavine, Ortiz, Walker, Blake
    MLTSPNSR Carroll, Cook, Dinowitz, Glick
    Amd §270.00, Pen L
    Relates to the sale of ammunition for assault weapons; class E felony.
    Go to top
    A01724 Actions:
    BILL NO A01724
    01/16/2019 referred to codes
    Go to top
    A01724 Memo:

Memo not available Go to top
    A01724 Text:

STATE OF NEW YORK __________________________________________________ ______________________ 1724 2019-2020 Regular Sessions IN ASSEMBLY January 16, 2019 ___________ Introduced by M. of A. SIMON, JAFFEE, MOSLEY, HYNDMAN, WILLIAMS, GOTT- FRIED, COLTON, BICHOTTE, D'URSO, LAVINE, ORTIZ, WALKER, BLAKE -- Multi-Sponsored by -- M. of A. CARROLL, COOK, DINOWITZ, GLICK -- read once and referred to the Committee on Codes AN ACT to amend the penal law, in relation to the sale of ammunition for assault weapons The People of the State of New York, represented in Senate and Assem- bly, do enact as follows: 1 Section 1. Subdivision 4 of section 270.00 of the penal law, as 2 amended by chapter 180 of the laws of 1997, is amended to read as 3 follows: 4 4. Sales of ammunition not prohibited. Nothing contained in this 5 section shall be construed to prevent, or interfere in any way with, the 6 sale of ammunition for revolvers or pistols of any kind, or for rifles, 7 shot guns, or other arms, belonging or which may belong to any persons 8 whether as sporting or hunting weapons or for the purpose of protection 9 to them in their homes, or, as they may go abroad; and manufacturers are 10 authorized to continue to manufacture, and wholesalers and dealers to 11 continue to deal in and freely to sell ammunition to all such persons 12 for such purposes. Provided, however, the sale of ammunition for assault 13 weapons, as defined by subdivision twenty-two of section 265.00 of this 14 title, shall be limited to two times the capacity of an authorized weap- 15 on over a one hundred twenty day period. For purposes of this subdivi- 16 sion, "authorized weapon" shall mean a weapon registered in accordance 17 with subdivision sixteen-a of section 400.00 of this chapter. Notwith- 18 standing any law, rule or regulation to the contrary, the violation of 19 this subdivision shall constitute a class E felony. 20 § 2. This act shall take effect immediately. EXPLANATION--Matter in italics (underscored) is new; matter in brackets [] is old law to be omitted.

https://nyassembly.gov/leg/?default_...vJ6R7bblB7piXU

Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

9E9083D0-77B4-4F39-9D4E-4E512EC6B478.gif
    The escape is half complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

So riddle me this: that pretty much means we would only be able to purchase 20 rounds in a 120 day period, for registered assault weapons, because we legally can only use 10 round magazines, doesn't it? Would that outdo CA law?
      Retired and loving it.

Comment

It's UNBELIEVABLE how absolutely ignorant our lawmakers can be.

I was going to be nice and use the term, "uninformed", but they have access to all the information they want BEFORE spending taxpayer money on these bills, and they choose not to educate themselves.

They're a bunch of Carolyn McCarthys with her barrel shroud that she thinks is a "shoulder thing that goes up".
        No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Good thing only LEOs registered their “assault weapon” 🤣

Comment

I'll go with the riddle me this Batman........Since the term "assault weapon" is so vague, what caliber are they talking about? Can't ugly black guns also be made in 22cal, 9mm etc?

Comment

The term assault weapon is described in the NY Penal Code. What caliber pretty much means nothing.
              Retired and loving it.

Comment

How are they going to regulate this?
                “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
                  When you buy 20rds of .223,they stamp ".223" on your forehead with a ink that disappears in 100 days

Comment

I feel like every year something like this gets proposed in NY, and gets shot down.

The problem is as the population seems to be more and more inclined to lean anti-establishment, anti-trump, anti-whatever the media tells them to be anti.......the more likely something like this gets passed for no good reason other than to appeal the vocal anti-everything the way it used to be side of things.

but i'm not bitter. no wait, I am. i'm like a younger version of Aquabach over stuff like this.

-Vick
                    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
                      Simple ..raise the reward New York offers $500 reward for reporting illegal gun owners

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...gal-gun-owners

Comment

Time to learn how to reload my own.

Comment

Originally posted by crashguy View Post

Simple ..raise the reward New York offers $500 reward for reporting illegal gun owners

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...gal-gun-owners
                          And $500 penalty for turning an illegal alien

Comment

Registration is for information purposes only? Ok. This likely crashes and burns in the Assembly but sooner or later one of these crazy laws will pass.
                            Short, straight line to someone knocking on the door.

Comment

I'm sorry cant even read this shit anymore...
                              I'm not interested or suprised in anything they say..Leave it to the courts and attorneys my head is done with this bullshit..

Comment

Working...
                              X