Anybody hear about this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s not persuasive authority?

Ummmm..... I’m willing to bet should an occurrence happen in the Eastern District you can bet your nutsack that the attorney handling that case will include a cite to that case.

Whether the ED court will follow it, well, that’s something else.
    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

The judge said the ban on possession of an electronic defense weapon for personal protection in or outside ones home, it’s a violation against the 2nd amendment. But a police lieutenant in a local law enforcement agency can override that ruling?

Comment

The Northen district doesn’t have jurisdiction in the city of Long Island. It doesn’t count, yet.

Comment

So can the Northern District go the whole hog and declare the SAFE Act Null and void? All ND FFL's go ahead and sell away!!! I mean this just gets to a point where it's ridiculous.
          Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
          Nick Charles: No.
          Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
          Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
          -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by FDEMTNYC View Post
            The judge said the ban on possession of an electronic defense weapon for personal protection in or outside ones home, it’s a violation against the 2nd amendment. But a police lieutenant in a local law enforcement agency can override that ruling?
            No, but when he isn't subject to that jurisdiction he can point out that he won't be following the orders of a court that doesn't govern him.
            "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
            Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
            Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

I’m not a lawyer, but if a judge said the ban in the state is a violation of the 2nd, aren’t ALL parts of the state encompassed by that? I’m not being argumentative, I’m just trying to get a better understanding.

Comment

I’m not a lawyer, but if a judge said the ban in the state is a violation of the 2nd, aren’t ALL parts of the state encompassed by that? I’m not being argumentative, I’m just trying to get a better understanding.
                No.

"The United States District Court for the Northern District of New York (in case citations, N.D.N.Y.) serves one of the 94 judicial districts in the United States and one of four in the state of New York. The Interim U.S. Attorney for the district is Grant C. Jaquith since January 5, 2018. Appeals from the Northern District of New York are taken to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, which has jurisdiction over the four districts of New York, the District of Connecticut and the District of Vermont (except for patent claims and claims against the U.S. government under the Tucker Act, which are appealed to the Federal Circuit)."

"The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Remember, if the royalty in charge don’t like it it doesn’t apply to us peasant people.

Now back to gathering food for the nobles!
                  NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                  NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                  Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

You'd think so. It's not like this is supposed to be optional or a suggestion. But then again, WTF do any states have laws that infringe on the Second Amendment?
                    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Working...
                    X