New bill in Ny for felons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparks25 View Post

Until someone who was killed comes back to life or every penny of what was stolen or destroyed is repaid, they should remain in prison.
    Why should a murderer or rapist get to go free when the victims are still suffering the loss.
    While you may think the punishments were too severe, we might not have the opium epidemic we have now if the punishments were not lessened for the drug dealers.
    Based on the ethical (Christian?) philosophy of forgiveness and giving someone a second chance.

I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks25 View Post

Until someone who was killed comes back to life or every penny of what was stolen or destroyed is repaid, they should remain in prison.
      Why should a murderer or rapist get to go free when the victims are still suffering the loss.
      While you may think the punishments were too severe, we might not have the opium epidemic we have now if the punishments were not lessened for the drug dealers.
      The opiate epidemic was caused by pharmaceutical executives, the AMA, the CIA and the VA. How many of them have gone to jail? Phillip Morris kills 400,000 people a year and those guys aren't in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

The opiate epidemic was caused by pharmaceutical executives, the AMA, the CIA and the VA. How many of them have gone to jail? Phillip Morris kills 400,000 people a year and those guys aren't in prison.
        Enough of that already!

You go have an injury or a surgery that leaves you in agony, can't get a pain med, and be happy with it because you might get addicted.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

I did not realize the Convicted Felon Voting Rights Lobby was so powerful in NY.... Maybe we should let them handle the SAFE ACT legal actions .... what's the worst that could happen?

Comment

Just imagine:

A convicted MS13 member on the jury for another MS13 member's trial.

No bias there.

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
              Just imagine:

No bias there.
              The good news is they release these skells and plea them down to nothing, so wouldn’t technically be convicts 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

The good news is they release these skells and plea them down to nothing, so wouldn’t technically be convicts 😁
                That makes it alright then.

Comment

Originally posted by crashguy View Post
                  I did not realize the Convicted Felon Voting Rights Lobby was so powerful in NY.... Maybe we should let them handle the SAFE ACT legal actions .... what's the worst that could happen?
                  This is whats important MOST in NYS USE
                  our tax money THAT pays for politicians to push bills to get votes that keep them in POWER...

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

Maybe some crimes come at such a high cost that the debt can never be repaid. But many will reach a reasonable level of maturity. And we did go too far to the right since the '80's on our incarceration rates, most of it over the drug war.
                    Sure, let’s let em own guns to then

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
                      Just imagine:

No bias there.
                      I’m pretty sure a new standard question would be “are you a convicted felon”?

Comment

Working...
                      X