No announcement yet.

New York Gov. Andrew signs bill granting illegal immigrants driver’s licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another middle of the night accomplishment by AC...

Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday night signed legislation granting driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants — shortly after the controversial measure passed the state Senate.

Cuomo’s action came despite throwing supporters a last-minute curveball by asking the state’s top civil attorney, Solicitor General Barbara Underwood, to review the measure for possible safety concerns — threatening to veto it if he didn’t like her assessment.

“You could create a database for the feds to use to actually track down undocumented people,” Cuomo said on WAMC radio. “California passed a law, and they are now in litigation.”

But Underwood’s boss, Attorney General Tish James, later released a statement amid the Monday-night vote arguing that the bill is legally sound.

“The legislation is well-crafted and contains ample protections for those who apply for driver’s licenses. If this bill is enacted and challenged in court, we will vigorously defend it,” she said.

The law takes 180 days to go into effect, meaning the first licenses will be available in December.

The measure on Monday passed the state Senate by a 33-29 count, often eliciting emotional remarks from both sides of the aisle during the floor vote.

Hey, why not..... It will make it easier for Schumer and Cuomo to get re-elected.

http://longisland.news12.com/story/4...ntry-illegally
    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by 1895guy View Post
      All this shit is an absolute smack in the face to anyone that has gone through the legal process of becoming a citizen. I have a cousin that came over here (legally) from el salvador. The amount of hoops he had to jump through was mind blowing. Ironically enough hes a dem. Send him back i say.
      Wow and he’s a democratic!! Did a NY- Dem help him in anyway become a citizen?! Answer is probably a resounding NO. At least Cumho was smart enough to know Trump has this coming down the pipelines..... 611DE8AC-41BC-4A4B-9E9F-2C89F4ED3E4B.jpeg

• LiDad
      LiDad commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by 1895guy View Post

yup a guy here married a dominican woman and same thing... he was going down there for visits every few months for well over a year.
      We joked it would have been easier and far cheaper to give her a ticket to Mexico and meet her at the boarder.

• Synner
      Synner commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Airbrush art View Post
      I think they should get free cars too!
      He’s saving that for his next reelection.

This state sucks...criminals get a pass and tax payers get over burdened and criminalized

Comment

So.....by their logic if I break into a bank I get a free checking account, right

Comment

Stupid FU*KING liberals, whats next no insurance if you're here illegally , can't afford it, who do you collect from if they have an accident! FUNY FUAC FUNYGOVERNMENT
        stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

They don’t need insurance to drive. MVAIC covers their bullshit.

Go ahead and ask me who pays for MVAIC... go on.... ask.

Comment

FUAC

Comment

How soon will cuomo be charged with aiding and abetting? What a sleaze bag. He should be in jail.

Comment

New York slides further down the cesspool!

Comment

And the demise continues
                  Last year an illegal ran my son into SS guardrail.
                  State Police let him leave.I got fake license and insurance info,a wrecked car and most importantly a almost badly hurt or worse 19yr old...
                  Love this state.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by artburg; 06-18-2019, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Nothing new

my wife was able to get a NY drivers license 20 years ago before her green card was approved

go into a dmv today. They actually have a sign showing illegals need less documents then a citizen does. Right in plain sight
                    The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

How long until they raise our car insurance to cover the cost of all the uninsured motorist claims?
                      Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Well there’s that plus MVAIC which gets funded through various DMV fees.

Comment

Originally posted by artburg View Post
                          And the demise continues
                          Last year an illegal ran my son into SS guardrail.
                          State Police let him leave.I got fake license and insurance info,a wrecked car and most importantly a almost badly hurt or worse 19yr old...
                          Love this state.
                          Wow, how could they let him leave?

Comment

Originally posted by 100MPG View Post
                            Wow, how could they let him leave?
                            diplomatic immunity.....
                            "The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."

Comment

Working...
                            X