Activist Voter Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activist Voter Registration

Today my wife and I stumbled upon the “Warped Tour” music festival at Jones Beach.

Planned Parenthood was stationed in the parking lot and was registering concert goers to vote. Many seemed confused by the whole concept of “registering to vote”. Many also walked away thinking that abortion was the only/most important election issue.

I registered to vote within days of my 18th birthday. I did it on my own, and not because I was accosted by someone in a parking lot.

It scares me to think that my vote has the same weight as a person who would not have been registered to vote, had he/she not attended a music festival, and was pressured to register by an activist group.

A simple identification 5 question survey of the position that your candidate holds on the issues. Need 4/5 to have your vote count. The voter would never know if their vote counted or not, unless they new the issues. It doesn't preclude anyone from voting and it ensures that only people educated in the topics have influence in the direction of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiocracy View Post
      A simple identification 5 question survey of the position that your candidate holds on the issues . . .
      I suspect that most of the people I saw were Hillary supporters, and could not pass such a test. They are brainwashed into thinking that they are intellectually elite if they vote for liberal campaigns.

I never felt that my future would be significantly affected by who was in the White House. It appears to me that many of today's youth wrongly believe their future is depended upon who is the President.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleMan View Post

I suspect that most of the people I saw were Hillary supporters, and could not pass such a test. They are brainwashed into thinking that they are intellectually elite if they vote for liberal campaigns.

I never felt that my future would be significantly affected by who was in the White House. It appears to me that many of today's youth wrongly believe their future is depended upon who is the President.
        There are soooooooooooo many people who believe Hilary is such a brilliant person.

If you count staying out of jail and amassing a fortune for nothing, I suppose so.

Otherwise, if you ask for examples they come up very short or fall back on hyperbole and calling you a sexist.
        I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
        I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Yeah, way back when you could join the service, drink and smoke at 18 (service was 17 w/ a waiver), but couldn't vote until 21 I registered to vote as soon as I was eligible, my son registered as soon as he was eligible as well, vote in every election but o my homework on the candidates and the issues
          Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Working...
          X