New York States New bail laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southshorerob View Post
    Gotta set the criminals free for the public to beg for even more public safety i.e. More laws ,restrictions and less freedoms. That how it works. just sit back go Christmas shopping and indulge in materialism and support the pagan traditions everything will be fine . I do believe there's a book on this very thing but very few actually read it , our enemies know it better than we do.
    the man speaks the truth...
    WE will rule the masses and they will allow it by giving up their freedoms in the name of safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
      While having more bad guys on the street is an obvious problem, one of the overlooked by-products of these new laws will be much higher taxes.

- The amount of 'failure to appear' warrants that will have to be filed will be incredible. The warrant process is already a shitshow and many more people will have to be hired to handle it.
      - The amount of police overtime will jump up due to all of the warrant arrests - it's interesting to note that these people were already arrested, now they have to be arrested again on the warrant. So now a certain percentage of regular arrests will actually turn into 2 or more arrests for basically the same initial offense.
      - The amount of time/manpower needed to process ALL 'discovery' within 14 days will be overwhelming. More people will have to be hired and trained just to process all of the 9-1-1 tapes and police radio transmissions for court, alone.

Also, no 'deals' can be made at the time of arrest processing. Lots of crime information, including homicides solved, is gathered with a promise of an appearance ticket and no or low stationhouse bail. Now bad guys will know that they will be leaving without bail anyway, so there's no reason to give up any information.

These are just a few things off the top of my head. Obviously there will be many other problems.....

This is the biggest reason since the SAFE Act to leave NY.

They also figured that out. New warrant laws or procedures . Lots of fun stuff

Comment

You can thank Cuomo for the decriminalization of crime in NYS. Of course they don't openly talk about the laws involving Discovery proceedings. So lets say a guy breaks into your house and rapes your wife or daughter. The rapist and his attorney have a right to come back into your home under the rules of Discovery. Yes, the rapist can come back to your house with his attorney to build his defense case. Think about that for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher1336 View Post
          You can thank Cuomo for the decriminalization of crime in NYS. Of course they don't openly talk about the laws involving Discovery proceedings. So lets say a guy breaks into your house and rapes your wife or daughter. The rapist and his attorney have a right to come back into your home under the rules of Discovery. Yes, the rapist can come back to your house with his attorney to build his defense case. Think about that for a while.
          Yes lots of interesting hidden shit they don’t talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamuscull View Post

They also figured that out. New warrant laws or procedures . Lots of fun stuff
            Interesting - can't wait......
            "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Interesting - can't wait......
              It’s a kinder gentler society............for criminals

Comment

While having more bad guys on the street is an obvious problem, one of the overlooked by-products of these new laws will be much higher taxes.

- The amount of 'failure to appear' warrants that will have to be filed will be incredible. The warrant process is already a shitshow and many more people will have to be hired to handle it.
                - The amount of police overtime will jump up due to all of the warrant arrests - it's interesting to note that these people were already arrested, now they have to be arrested again on the warrant. So now a certain percentage of regular arrests will actually turn into 2 or more arrests for basically the same initial offense.
                - The amount of time/manpower needed to process ALL 'discovery' within 14 days will be overwhelming. More people will have to be hired and trained just to process all of the 9-1-1 tapes and police radio transmissions for court, alone.

Also, no 'deals' can be made at the time of arrest processing. Lots of crime information, including homicides solved, is gathered with a promise of an appearance ticket and no or low stationhouse bail. Now bad guys will know that they will be leaving without bail anyway, so there's no reason to give up any information.

These are just a few things off the top of my head. Obviously there will be many other problems.....

This is the biggest reason since the SAFE Act to leave NY.

Isn’t failure to appear on the list of no cash bail offenses? What about bench warrants for the same? Will rearresting these guys result in them being held or just given a happy meal and released again?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Isn’t failure to appear on the list of no cash bail offenses? What about bench warrants for the same? Will rearresting these guys result in them being held or just given a happy meal and released again?
                  I think your summary is what will happen. It’s bizarro world. Maybe a pinkie swear before released

Comment

From the side of it that I have to work with, these no cash bail releases represent countless missed opportunities for “Point of contact” changes to capture (I know) candidates for treatment courts like vet court, MH, suicide prevention, family supports and other things that we rely on to pull PTSD, TBI, MST and other vets out of the conventional criminal justice stream.
                    On our side this will ultimately mean more vets getting jammed up, more MH failures, increases in completed and attempted suicides and other failures. It’ll cost a shit ton of money and result in fewer successful cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

If there's a Bench Warrant, they can't get bail - they have to see a judge and be arraigned (Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass Go). At least that's the way it is now. A Bench is usually for a crime where the person has already been arrested for the initial incident and didn't show up. An Arrest Warrant is different. You can give cash bail for (EDIT: certain arrest warrants) an arrest for an Arrest Warrant.

Of course the above is simplified. There's so much more to it (most of it I don't know). Now that things are about to change - I have no f'n clue.
                      Last edited by Dan 0351; 11-17-2019, 12:39 PM.
                      "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post

they get a gift if they show up
                        Tell them neither they, nor their family, can get social services if they don't show. Better than bail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post
                          Lol sounds like more people will be leaving NY after not paying bail..
                          Maybe this is an insidious plan by the RINOs to swing voting power back to the Republicans?

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher1336 View Post
                            I'd be HAPPY to have that rapist back in my house...

...not sure when or how he'd be leaving though.

just sayin'.

Comment

If there's a Bench Warrant, they can't get bail - they have to see a judge and be arraigned (Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass Go). At least that's the way it is now. A Bench is usually for a crime where the person has already been arrested for the initial incident and didn't show up. An Arrest Warrant is different. You can give cash bail for (EDIT: certain arrest warrants) an arrest for an Arrest Warrant.

Of course the above is simplified. There's so much more to it (most of it I don't know). Now that things are about to change - I have no f'n clue.
                              Great... bench warrants for every crime! That will speed the court system up.

If only the Democrats would use some of their power to STOP crime, instead of help criminals...

Comment

Maybe we’re just going to The Purge. In that case, it’s weapons free.

Comment

Working...
                                X