No announcement yet.

The Supreme Court will hear the biggest guns case in over a decade next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arfcom saying that Roberts may side with mootness and dismiss the case entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
      arfcom saying that Roberts may side with mootness and dismiss the case entirely.
      That's exactly what NYC wants. They changed the RULE governing carrying outside of premise to specifically render the case moot. Once the court dismisses it NYC will simply change the rule back again knowing that it would take forever for the case to be brought up again.
      Then they would simply play cat and mouse and change the rule again.
      FUNYC

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
        I am not a fan of Roberts but I will wait for the word to come down. The mootness issue is funny and could show a surprising mix of both sides ruling on it. We would certainly rather Trump had one more pick on the court but RBG isn’t following the track many of us expected she would.

Comment

Fingers crossed for a pro 2a outcome, but this case may end up being more about the governments ability for voluntary mootness than anything else.

Comment

In the United States' view, respondents have not established that this case is moot.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...r%2018-280.pdf

http://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPD...20%20views.pdf
            Last edited by incognito; 12-02-2019, 02:39 PM.
            ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
            Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

scotus argument analysis

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...-city-gun-rule
              ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
              Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

Originally posted by FDEMTNYC View Post
                What does this mean for pistol license holders that live outside of the 5 boroughs?
                Probably no change.

I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

Probably no change.
                  if it goes our way might be lots of things have to chane

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post

if it goes our way might be lots of things have to chane
                    Right now, at least in Suffolk county, if you have a hunting license you can bring your pistol upstate w/o an particular restrictions.
                    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Be friggen shocked if even A little bit when our way [ Pro 2nd] All in one way or another have been bought and paid for.
                      Better to have A gun in your hand, then a Cop on the phone

Comment

Working...
                      X