No announcement yet.

Cuomo wants quicker process for closing New York prisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never understood mass incarceration. I always thought it would bankrupt the state. It's always been the corrections union that fights the downsizing.

Comment

[QUOTE=spider;n497604]I never understood mass incarceration. I always thought it would bankrupt the state. It's always been the corrections union that fights the downsizing.[/QUOTE

state no go bankrupt . state bankrupt you

Comment

Its crystal clear the state is in Big trouble as predicted due to Democratic control..

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
          what exactly is the endgame.
          Chaos among the masses.

When you are literally afraid to step out of your home (and even to be in your home) you have no time to have thoughts (much less actions) of resistance.

And you are grateful for whatever crumbs of help the government bestows upon you.

I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
          I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

ok so we have "empty cells" how about you contact some neighboring states and work out a deal to relive there overcrowding???????

Comment

It kinda reminds me of that scene in "Jaws" near the beginning when all the people are at the beach and no one will go in the water. But the weasel mayor convinces a friend to take his wife and kid into the water. They're in the water up to their necks with a look of horror all around.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
                you can literally rob a house get caught and be released and go rob another house.
                it's literally nuts. now don't get me wrong the people who voted for him deserve him. I am fine with that. but Its the collateral damage (us) that's getting screwed
                let's make america great again

Comment

I wonder how many people will be injured or killed before they decide the experiment did not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
                    I wonder how many people will be injured or killed before they decide the experiment did not work.
                    As liberals love to say, if it saves the life of just 1 person.....

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

As liberals love to say, if it saves the life of just 1 person.....
                      We (Republicans) should start saying (pushing) "if it ends the life of just 1 person"

Comment

yes... lets rush the closing of jails! Just like they did with bail reform. It will be ok... they'll work out the details later. SMH

Comment

hospitals could be next. more people being killed. they don't need as many beds. people not getting as old. he may just be a fucking genius

Comment

We must close the prisons to save money.
                            Choose closing prisons to save money to make it hurt the people of NY State.
                            Hurt the people of NY State to punish them for now allowing him to raise taxes as high as he wants.
                            Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

Chaos among the masses.

When you are literally afraid to step out of your home (and even to be in your home) you have no time to have thoughts (much less actions) of resistance.

And you are grateful for whatever crumbs of help the government bestows upon you.
                              So you NEED the government that much more. "Please... protect us from this problem!" (that you caused)
                              Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Just when I thought the state hit rock bottom (bail reform) he pulls this shit.
                                It's going to get real interesting when all the criminals are out and about.

Comment

Working...
                                X