Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CrossFit stores in Manhattan overrun with protesters angry about Glock gun giveaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CrossFit stores in Manhattan overrun with protesters angry about Glock gun giveaway

Reebok CrossFit stores in Manhattan overrun with protesters angry about Glock gun giveaway

A pair of Manhattan Reebok CrossFit stores was overrun Saturday with protesters upset that handguns were being awarded to winners of an annual fitness contest.

Dozens of members of Gays Against Guns and New Yorkers Against Gun Violence jammed the sidewalks outside the stores. The brand’s flagship location in Midtown shuttered its doors for the first half of the day Saturday in apparent anticipation of the protest. “Glocks should not be glamorized,” Public Advocate Letitia James said at the protest. “Glocks should not be given away as a prize.” The Reebok-sponsored CrossFit Games, in their 10th year, are taking place this weekend in Carson, Calif. Dave Castro, the director of the event, made the tone deaf announcement last week that the top men’s and women’s finishers would receive a Glock handgun in addition to the more than $2 million in prize money being dished out.

Reebok upset CrossFit Games to award winners a Glock handgun

“It is an outrage that an organization like CrossFit Reebok, who purport to be about health and fitness, are giving away a weapon of death and destruction as a prize,” said New Yorkers Against Gun Violence Executive Director Leah Gunn Barrett
    Manhattan Reebok CrossFit stores were overrun with protesters upset that handguns were being awarded to winners of a fitness contest.
    Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

Damn, must be small locations if 20 people can 'overrun' them. Private business and people have a right to own a firearm. So you can fuck right off.
    “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Any excuse for them to have a "parade" I suppose.....🙄
      NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
      NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

I prefer new Balance but my next sneakers just might be Reeboks
        "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Imagine when a certain Long Island "organization" gives away 100 glocks this fall

Comment

oh for fuck's sake. Mind your damn business.

Comment

I'm pissed too. They should be giving away Sigs.
              NRA Life member

Always looking for lead
              Wheel weights. lino type, ect
              PM me if you have or find some

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post
                I prefer new Balance but my next sneakers just might be Reeboks
                Until Reebok caves to this "pressure" and gives away something more LBGTQABCDEF. appropriate.
                Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefSailer View Post

Until Reebok caves to this "pressure" and gives away something more LBGTQABCDEF. appropriate.
                  Mare's leg?

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post
                    Imagine when a certain Long Island "organization" gives away 100 glocks this fall
                    Hahhahahhahahha. You win

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post

Mare's leg?
                      Now you have all the animal rights people pissed off. LOL
                      Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

I was/am a crossfitter (into triathlons right now so that's on hold) for maybe eight years. The entire program is deeply rooted in military (SEALS and Marines in particular) and first responders (fire/Leo). I haven't been on their main page in a while but it was common to see with guns all over it.

Comment

yup thats what the lbg community should be worrying about , people who are physically fit , passed a crawl up your asshole x2 background check to have a pl in nyc, yup those tend to be the most violent, stupid asses MYOFB

Comment

Is that a "Drop the Glock and pick up cock" sign? Not that there's anything wrong with that...;-)

Comment

Wah.
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X