No announcement yet.

Ny senate votes to ban ‘ghost gun’ possession, gun assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized that if you have a single pistol with two different barrels of a different caliber, swapping out the barrels would be assembling and a felony.

Perhaps an argument could be made that we're just maintaining the guns to make sure they remain in good working order. But if not, its only 10 years.

Or we could just sell coke and heroin. More money and less risk.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

And even I was surprised to find that I was more productive at home. I honestly thought it would be the opposite.
      I think that getting up every morning knowing that you don’t have to get angry sitting in traffic or taking the train for an hour, and knowing that you don’t have to sit in traffic home or fight the herds for a seat on the train, puts you in a much better mood lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

I was in the insurance industry for 30 years. I had solid experience, a professional designation and a masters degree. It is worth nothing now. That industry got tagged for being white and male so it underwent a housecleaning on the diversity and inclusion program. It is not white male friendly.
        Is that why they changed Jake from State Farm from a white man to a black man in the commercial? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

A lot of those high paying jobs are people who have recently learned how easy it is for them to work from home, whether they live in Midtown, the Upper East Side, Westchester or even Pennsylvania. Sure they're still employed in NYC and they still pay NYC taxes. But once their employers start to see THEY'RE paying for office space that's occupied at 30% capacity, they will also leave, because it doesn't really matter if you're emailing or talking to someone 3 floors away or 300 miles away.

All this will take some time. Leases need to expire, people need to put their current homes on the market. find new property, etc., but it's clearly already happening at a fantastic rate and it's only the beginning. Notice that rush hour traffic is still not close to what it was 6 months ago. It might never be again. I worked from home for 12 weeks straight and I didn't miss a thing. And even I was surprised to find that I was more productive at home. I honestly thought it would be the opposite.
          New York has seen mass exodus for decades. Newsday has been writing about it since the eighties. Companies and individuals have moved to the Carolinas, Florida, home offices, outsourced oversea's, etc...for just as long.

Yet Every Fortune 500 company I have worked for. New York is one of the, if not THE hottest market in the country to sell goods and services. There is a lot of capital and talent here. It has a GDP of over 1.5 trillion dollars. That’s more then most countries total GDP. It would rank in the top ten in the world. With all the people that left this place, plenty of people have moved in to replace them.

New York might see a decline....but it will continue to be a economic powerhouse for the rest of our lifetime

Politics might suck here.....but the economy definitely does not
          The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm66 View Post

He totally has the legs for it.
            Awww, thanks fella.

Comment

Originally posted by HulkSmash22 View Post

Is that why they changed Jake from State Farm from a white man to a black man in the commercial? LOL
              Don't laugh. Even my 16 year old has noticed the recent trend towards diversity in commercials. She made a comment like why does every single commercial have to be diverse now?

Comment

Don't laugh. Even my 16 year old has noticed the recent trend towards diversity in commercials. She made a comment like why does every single commercial have to be diverse now?
                Yet the WWE seems to refuse to bring back the Nation of Domination. 🤷🏻

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post
                  I’m waiting for the NRA to roll into town..... I’m waiting,.... *cough*
                  To do what? Specifically?
                  Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post

maybe more, but because of NY Metro high paying jobs. Those people are easily replaced . As much as we hate NY government, NY is still filled with huge opportunities in the job market.. you can loose a six figure job and easily find a replacement (outside of Covid)
                    not sure this is still true anymore
                    rents are coming down in the city , hudson yards are broke , business are realizing they do not need the Manhattan address -since most of the employee's are working remotely .
                    even rikers island is down on inhabitants

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post

not sure this is still true anymore
                      rents are coming down in the city , hudson yards are broke , business are realizing they do not need the Manhattan address -since most of the employee's are working remotely .
                      even rikers island is down on inhabitants
                      Just saw NY Post and Hannity also covered it, where people are now shooting up in broad daylight where I worked...like nice midtown area. No way anyone in their right mind would live in the city, still insane rent with zero police presence now. It'll be Chicago level soon enough the way Deblasio is operating it.

Comment

Honestly, I'm totally anti-PC, but I see this as a good thing. Just on a human level, I'd be pissed if I was a minority and didn't see that reflected back anywhere on TV. It's just smart advertising. That's like the one thing where I lean a little left. What I don't like is when the racial diversity is the focus or over the top forced, like they're making a point of it, then its just soap boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

To do what? Specifically?
                          Anything that would convince me they give a damn about the gun politics in NYS. Something that would encourage me to give them money, something other that them "emailing me with a great deal on a bag or a knife".
                          NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Anything that would convince me they give a damn about the gun politics in NYS. Something that would encourage me to give them money, something other that them "emailing me with a great deal on a bag or a knife".
                            "Anything" isn't a specific thing to do.
                            Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

again
                              the NRA IS SUING ny state over a few things
                              the supreme court will disappoint us and make it permanent if the court takes a case now in my not so humble opinion-------- so other than vote for TRUMP AND SOME republicans what is it we can do now .
                              HAVE ANY ONE CALLED THEIR REPS, senators AND COMPLAINED , ABOUT MULTIPLE THINGS they do need to hear from us occasionally . if enough of us call ---yeah they will ignore us anyway
                              but i get to annoy them once in a while

Comment

serialized dose that mean the 80%? or even just the lower receiver have serial # when i purchase from the shop?

Comment

Working...
                                X