Who works for who?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who works for who?

This whole trend of everyone being offended by everything is out of control. I wasn’t there. I don’t know what this guys deal is, for all I know he is a complete tool. But giving the finger to a Town Board is sufficient to strip someone of his 1A rights as well as forbidding him from attending gatherings where HIS elected government sets policy and law, that affect HIM.
    Show of hands, who goes to the “sexual harassment” place when someone gives you the finger? How about being “terribly offended and disgusted” when someone flips you off?
    i don’t know what the law allows in this realm but I truly hope this guy sues the balls off of the Town for their ham handed, excessive, “terribly offensive and disgusting” abuse of their power.

I clipped part of the article that I didn’t think relevant to this story, click link if you care.

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...nna-1.19745107

The Town of Oyster Bay has banned a frequent critic of Supervisor Joseph Saladino from attending town board meetings for the rest of the year because of an allegedly lewd gesture he made at the June 26 meeting.

Town Attorney Joseph Nocella on Thursday sent a letter to Syosset resident Kevin McKenna stating that the town “cannot, and will not, allow you to disrupt Town business, nor permit you to make inappropriate gestures directed at, or in the presence of, the Town board, Town officials and residents of the Town.”

Nocella also chastised McKenna for shouting as he was leaving the meeting.

As board members rose to move to executive session at the June 26 meeting, McKenna, who was sitting near the front of the audience, made a motion with his hand that Councilwoman Michele Johnson said she thought was lewd.

“Excuse me, that’s disgusting,” Johnson said.

Johnson said later she "was terribly offended and disgusted."

"To me this is sexual harassment," she said. "It’s an action that causes hostility in the workplace. I shouldn’t have to come to work and be subjected to a member of the general public making lewd hand gestures at me or the board.”

She said the ban on McKenna is justified.

Johnson said at Tuesday’s board meeting that McKenna’s action violated the town board’s rules of decorum.

“If our rules of decorum are not strong enough to enforce the ban, and if Mr. McKenna is unwilling to voluntarily adhere to the ban, I’d ask that our rules be strengthened to protect everyone from such harassment,” she said.

Johnson said McKenna’s gaze was toward the dais, but not focused on any particular board member, when he made the hand motion.

McKenna said in an interview that he had been talking to his girlfriend, who was sitting next to him, when he made the motion, which he said represented his frustration that board members were leaving to confer privately.

“... It was not directed to anyone up there, because I thought they were all gone,” McKenna said, adding that he “would never, ever” make a lewd gesture toward any member of the board.

McKenna said the ban is an attempt by Saladino to stop him from publicly criticizing the supervisor.

Town spokesman Brian Nevin said Nocella made the decision to bar McKenna, not Saladino.

McKenna “made an extremely vulgar and inappropriate gesture that degrades women, and is offensive to all,” Saladino said in an interview after Tuesday’s meeting.

Council Anthony Macagnone said he didn’t see the gesture, but even if it was obscene, McKenna shouldn’t be banned from future meetings.

“I think banning someone should be only if someone feels threatened,” Macagnone said, adding that “Kevin is not always correct, but he’s passionate about what he says. Sometimes his passion goes a bit too far.”

Too many Snowflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

"To me this is sexual harassment," she said. "It’s an action that causes hostility in the workplace. I shouldn’t have to come to work and be subjected to a member of the general public making lewd hand gestures at me or the board.”

McKenna “made an extremely vulgar and inappropriate gesture that degrades women, and is offensive to all,” Saladino said in an interview after Tuesday’s meeting.
      Toss around some dog whistle terms and this dude'll have an Emergency Restraining Order on his ass before the next Town meeting.
      When they kick out your front door
      How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head
      Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

Heres the offensive action.....

Last edited by LazyLab; 07-11-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
          It was a jerking off gesture not the finger and the board member is a cry baby bitch.
          Thanks, didn’t realize that. Doesn’t change my opinion that it’s a bullshit move to lock him out of him government though.

Comment

How dare a peasant insult a ruler?
            Unless it's Trump of course. then you can say the most vile things, encourage people to kill him, kidnap his child and torture them. that's all good.

BTWm the ban is bullshit and the councilwoman's statements are ridiculous.
            Having him removed from the meeting for cursing or obscene gestures would be one thing. A ban preventing his 1A right to being heard by elected officials is entirely something else
            Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Thanks, didn’t realize that. Doesn’t change my opinion that it’s a bullshit move to lock him out of him government though.
              Updated my post with video. TOB doesn’t want any people questioning them. They block you on social media and have people removed from meeting if you question them.

Comment

There’s a citizen that exposes all their corruption with facts though foil requests and good old detective work, did a lot of grunt work and filmed it. He ran for supervisor last year and lost to the establishment guy by a landslide. TOB residents deserve whatever happens to them. Sadly I’ve lived in the Town of Corruption Bay all my life and it’s downward slide has been steep the last decade. Filthy streets, roads pothole riddled, uncut grass, and empty buildings in Main Street business districts.o

Comment

You invite the people of the town to a meeting at a specific time and then you leave the meeting for an executive meeting behind closed doors.Am I surprised he made that gesture NO!What I am surprised is that all the residents didn't do it.

Comment

Like she's never done that type of thing.... lol.

Oyster Bay is quite the news worthy town these days.

Comment

And her name is........................... Johnson. 👏🏻👍🏻

Comment

Now if He was A Black guy. There would be hundreds of "others" protesting
                        Better to have A gun in your hand, then a Cop on the phone

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
                          Heres the offensive action.....

I mean...he's not wrong.
                          “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post

I mean...he's not wrong.
                            OMG! The horror.
                            Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

He not a stand up citizen by any means ... he has done a lot of unethical things himself and yes a torn in their side but I don't agree with the ban .
                              There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

Working...
                              X