Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Administration to Go After States Allowing Illegal Immigrants to Obtain Driver's Licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump Administration to Go After States Allowing Illegal Immigrants to Obtain Driver's Licenses

Chad Wolf, the acting Secretary of Homeland Security "is taking aim at new laws in New York and New Jersey that allow immigrants to get driver's licenses without proof they are in the U.S. legally, and restrict data sharing with federal authorities," according to a report from the Associated Press.

Wolf sent a memo within the department requesting "a department-wide study on how the laws affect its enforcement efforts."

New York is the 13th state that has authorized illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses. In addition to giving illegals a state-issued license, the New York state law actually prohibits the New York Department of Motor Vehicles from providing data to any agency that enforces immigration law barring a judge's order–which seems like a flagrant attempt to aid and abet individuals who have broken federal immigration law.

New York officials claim the laws are meant to reduce the number of people uninsured (because obviously illegals should be getting health insurance that we're likely paying for) and improve traffic safety and give illegals better opportunities for employment.

I guess Andrew Cuomo and the New York Democratic Party would prefer illegals getting jobs over actual Americans.

According to Wolf's memo, which was obtained by The Associated Press, the department must be “prepared to deal with and counter these impacts as we protect the homeland.”

According to the Department of Homeland Security, laws such as New York's, make America less safe. “The Trump administration takes the mission of protecting the Homeland very seriously,” said Heather Swift, spokeswoman for the Department of Homeland Security. “These types of laws make it easier for terrorists and criminals to obtain fraudulent documents," she added.

_____

Matt Margolis is the author of Trumping Obama: How President Trump Saved Us From Barack Obama's Legacy and the bestselling book The Worst President in History: The Legacy of Barack Obama. You can follow Matt on Twitter @MattMargolis
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

better opportunities for employment? it is still illegal to hire an undocumented person correct?

Comment

Cuomo and his ilk should be in handcuffs for aiding and abetting g criminal activity as well as obstruction of justice
      "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Yeah right.......all these CRIMINIALS driving cars with Virginia plate and no licenses have full insurance on their cars right?..........yeah sure they do

Comment

Originally posted by green18 View Post
          Yeah right.......all these CRIMINIALS driving cars with Virginia plate and no licenses have full insurance on their cars right?..........yeah sure they do
          i have seen a huge increase of penn license plate in nassau and queens --that do not seem to know how to drive and obey (read ) signs

Comment

Political grandstanding by coumo

illegal immigrants were always allowed to get a drivers license in NY

It wasn’t that hard
            The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by blue70chevelle View Post
              better opportunities for employment? it is still illegal to hire an undocumented person correct?
              Not in NY. It's a crime if you don't insure and pay him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
                Political grandstanding by coumo

illegal immigrants were always allowed to get a drivers license in NY

It wasn’t that hard

Well now they ALL know about it. Have you been by a DMV office this week? Lines out the door and around the building.
                Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post

Well now they ALL know about it. Have you been by a DMV office this week? Lines out the door and around the building.
                  As opposed to any other week

have you been to dmv before they passed this law?...big signs showing illegals need less documentation then citizens for a drivers license

the immigration community knew about this 20 years ago

The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Yes as opposed to any other week. People standing in line for hours just to get into the building.
                    lve seen it. I also know two people who tried to register cars this week. One is going to try for the third(?) time next week. They just can’t stand up that long. Their plan is to bring a folding chair.
                    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Curious (if anyone actually knows)... is NY charging these criminals like they charge us? Are they going through the same process residents have to (get permit, sign up for road test, take road test, etc)?

Comment

Drivers licenses for illegals'.
                        Some cities have made shoplifting under $900 OK.
                        No ID's needed for voting.
                        Atlanta just yesterday told LE not to give chase. Link HERE
                        Criminals walking out of NY police stations and giggling.
                        We're in the shitter folks.
                        If it continues down this road it's going to get a whole lot worse.

Comment

VA and MD have an insurance company that takes premiums based on the word of the insured and doesn’t check for licenses. They disclaim after the accident occurs for fraud in procuring the policy but they’ll get you on the road in the meantime.
                          NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                          NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                          Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Don't get me started on that one too.
                            I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                            I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Meanwhile in Washington state, their Governor just signed a law requiring WA CCW permit holders to undergo "additional" (?) background checks when they purchase any kind of firearm.

How does that make sense?!
                              I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                              I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Working...
                              X