Us based in Iraq under attack

Breaking...

https://www.foxnews.com/world/missil...iran-suspected

News
    Login
    Watch TV
    IRAQ
    Published 24 mins ago
    Last Update 8 mins ago Missile attacks target US forces in Iraq, senior military source says; Iran suspected

By Frank Miles | Fox NewsVideo US military source in Iraq reports attack from Iran

Iranian missiles target U.S. forces in Iraq; national security correspondent Jennifer Griffin reports from the Pentagon.

Missiles were fired early Wednesday in multiple locations across Iraq, a senior U.S. militarysource in the country told Fox News, describing it as a series of attacks on U.S. forces from Iran.

The source told Fox News' Jennifer Griffin: "Under missile attack from Iran. These are either cruise missiles or short-range ballistic missiles. All over the country." The missiles struck near Al Assad Air Base in Anbar, among other locations. There was no immediate word on injuries or damage.

Meantime, Iran state TV claimed Tehran launched "tens" of surface-to-surface missiles at Iraq's Ain Assad air base housing U.S. troops.

MEGHAN MCCAIN CONFRONTS WARREN ON SOLEIMANI: WHY IS IT SO HARD TO CALL HIM A TERRORIST?

It came days after Iranian Quds Force Gen. Qassem Soleimani was killed in a U.S. airstrike in Baghdad's airport. A senior Iraqi commander of an Iran-backed militia also was killed. The U.S. blamed Soleimani for the killing of hundreds of American troops, and said he was plotting new attacks just before his death.

Video
    Iranian officials and President Trump have traded threats since Soleimani's death, and more U.S. troops have been deployed to the region amid heightened tensions.

Iran-backed militias in Iraq, known as the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), have threatened revenge on American interests and personnel for the killings.
    Video
    CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

On Sunday, Iraqi lawmakers approved a resolution to expel U.S. forces from the country. The resolution comes nearly five years after the government requested U.S. troops be deployed to Iraq after the Islamic State overtook vast swaths of the country.

The terror group has since been defeated, Abdul-Mahdi said, adding the mission has now evolved into a U.S.-Iran proxy war.

Fox News' Jennifer Griffin contributed to this report.

Please God I hope missile defense systems were operational.

Comment

Possibly multiple bases attacked.
      "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

1st: Prayers go out to our Troops and allies.
        2nd: I like my Iran "Well Done",,,
        Last edited by Hannco; 01-07-2020, 07:15 PM.
        "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
        Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Bad stuff, I just there is nothing special about those birds.

Praying for our guys and girls over there.

Comment

Once again into the breach our men and woman go.

All because of these goat fuckers who want to live in the 13 century.

They are a scourge and I wish the USAF good hunting and safe return.

Comment

get the fuck out of these shitholes

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post
                get the fuck out of these shitholes
                light 'em up on the way out.

Comment

In addition to all our troops and other mobilized assets, we have a Carrier Strike Group (USS Harry S Truman) just outside the Straits of Hormuz, ready to enter the Persian Gulf, and a Marine Expeditionary Unit (LHD 5 - Bataan) entering the Med for a Middle East deployment.

The Iranians have no idea of the hell we can (and will) unleash on them, without using ground troops.
                  Last edited by 1062_ZEBRA; 01-07-2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Trump warned them what would happen if the did anything. In turn, the responded by directly attacking one of our bases. I believe trump said we would act very hard and very fast and hit 52 targets.

let’s see how long it takes for our response.

Comment

Originally posted by The Camel View Post
                      Trump warned them what would happen if the did anything. In turn, the responded by directly attacking one of our bases. I believe trump said we would act very hard and very fast and hit 52 targets.

let’s see how long it takes for our response.
                      Hopefully the traitor's\obstructionist's in this country don't get in the way of US domination

Comment

Originally posted by 1062_ZEBRA View Post
                        In addition to all our troops and other mobilized assets, we have a Carrier Strike Group (USS Harry S Truman) just outside the Straits of Hormuz, ready to enter the Persian Gulf, and a Marine Expeditionary Unit (LHD 5 - Bataan) entering the Med for a Middle East deployment.

The Iranians have no idea of the hell we can (and will) unleash on them, without using ground troops.
                        USS Bataan 👍🇺🇸

005D4329-25AF-4B63-9F16-6B08DBD7147C.jpeg

Comment

Can you drill for oil through a foot or two of glass?? Asking for a friend, of course....
                          NRA Patron Life Member
                          Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
                          NRA RSO

Comment

I’d think the rogue factions here in CONUS and the cells they operate worldwide are a greater threat than the missiles. As long as the middles are conventional we can address that threat. The 7:30am E train or crosstown bus in Times Square or some random LI mall are the kinds of targets I’m worried about.

Comment

A second round of missile attacks is underway.

Israel a target in the next round?

Comment

Working...
                              X