Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As we head into this election...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    As we head into this election...

    With all the BS and mudslinging that will be ratcheting up as we head full steam into this election. I know it's hard sometimes to weed through the endless politispeak, But I remind you. Pay close attention to not only what IS being said, but more importantly, to what is NOT being said. Sometimes that'll tell you more about a candidate. I'm getting down off my soapbox now.

    #2
    The Clintons like to parse words.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by imrich View Post
      With all the BS and mudslinging that will be ratcheting up as we head full steam into this election. I know it's hard sometimes to weed through the endless politispeak, But I remind you. Pay close attention to not only what IS being said, but more importantly, to what is NOT being said. Sometimes that'll tell you more about a candidate. I'm getting down off my soapbox now.
      Huh? Did someone say Clinton Foundation?

      Comment


        #4
        As far as I'm concerned, once the GOP chose their guy, the rest is distraction. It's either Trump or Hitlery. Is America better off than it was 8 years ago?
        I find it hard to believe any American gun owner (or any American for that matter) needs more information before Election Day.
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

        Comment


          #5
          As SecState, abandoning an Ambassador and American Security Forces. Selling State secrets. Intentionally circumventing Intelligence security protocols. Manipulating financial markets.
          These are, at minimum, felonious acts. More likely, IMHO, treasonous acts and crimes against the state.

          not even touching Vince Foster, Whitewater and dozens of other things she/they have been AND CONTINUE TO BE A PART OF.

          Comment


            #6
            Yea thanks! My minds not made up yet.

            Comment


              #7
              Supreme.....Court.......Nominations.........

              Thats it. EVERY Democrat nominee, all leftist, urban law professors, have supported extreme socialist agendas, believes the 2nd Amendment is for militias only, and winks playfully at the executive branch working its way around the constitution. While MOST Republican nominees have been 2A supporters, sober, pro freedom jurists with allegiances only to the US Constitution.

              My goofy pointer could be the Republican nominee and we'd be far better off than with Hillary. End of story.
              Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

              Comment


                #8
                Judge Roberts was nominated by GWB, and that's turned out soooooo good for us.
                I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                I am armed out of love of those behind me.

                Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by LiDad View Post
                  Judge Roberts was nominated by GWB, and that's turned out soooooo good for us.
                  Roberts was pro 2A on Heller and McDonald. I say thats pretty good. How many Dem nominees ever flipped and voted pro 2A. Lets count......NONE.
                  A Republican nominee not falling in line is an historical rarity. A Dem nominee is always leftist. Always.
                  Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

                    Roberts was pro 2A on Heller and McDonald. I say thats pretty good. How many Dem nominees ever flipped and voted pro 2A. Lets count......NONE.
                    A Republican nominee not falling in line is an historical rarity. A Dem nominee is always leftist. Always.
                    That may be.

                    But given how he's decided cases lately I wouldn't count on him if they ever came around again.
                    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

                    Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by LiDad View Post

                      That may be.

                      But given how he's decided cases lately I wouldn't count on him if they ever came around again.
                      So what? How does that relate to the point I made? Are you saying we shouldn't vote Republican because there is the rare chance the Republican president's nominee for the Supreme Court might vote with the libs? ?????

                      Roberts would never reverse himself on the Heller or McDonald issues. You're trying to use his votes on the Obamacare case to make him into a leftist jurist, and that is just simply a distortion of his overall voting record.
                      Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

                        So what? How does that relate to the point I made? Are you saying we shouldn't vote Republican because there is the rare chance the Republican president's nominee for the Supreme Court might vote with the libs? ?????
                        Of course not.

                        Roberts would never reverse himself on the Heller or McDonald issues. You're trying to use his votes on the Obamacare case to make him into a leftist jurist, and that is just simply a distortion of his overall voting record.
                        Really? Never?

                        Do you have that in stone from G*d?

                        And don't forget it was 2 Obamacare cases.

                        There was also something else recently, don't recall what, that he was expected to vote conservative but voted with the liberals.

                        I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                        I am armed out of love of those behind me.

                        Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by LiDad View Post

                          Of course not.



                          Really? Never?

                          Do you have that in stone from G*d?

                          And don't forget it was 2 Obamacare cases.

                          There was also something else recently, don't recall what, that he was expected to vote conservative but voted with the liberals.
                          Yes, God told me Roberts isn't going to reverse Heller, telling me Roberts already had the chance to do so in the later McDonald case and didn't.

                          If you want to paint Roberts as a liberal justice, try and find some commentary or academic article that agrees with you. Aberrational cases don't prove your point, a point I've yet to comprehend as to its relevance to the issue posed, namely, the need to vote for a Republican for president.
                          Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

                            Yes, God told me Roberts isn't going to reverse Heller, telling me Roberts already had the chance to do so in the later McDonald case and didn't.

                            If you want to paint Roberts as a liberal justice, try and find some commentary or academic article that agrees with you. Aberrational cases don't prove your point, a point I've yet to comprehend as to its relevance to the issue posed, namely, the need to vote for a Republican for president.
                            I don't know if he's liberal but he surely isn't as Conservative as you seem to want him to be.

                            Can you show me 3 cases where Justice Thomas or the late Justice Scalia sided with the liberals in a Constitutional case like Obamacare or Heller?
                            I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                            I am armed out of love of those behind me.

                            Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Think about this:

                              Carter
                              Bush
                              Clinton
                              Clinton
                              Bush
                              Bush
                              Obama
                              Obama

                              And now potentially:

                              Clinton
                              Clinton


                              Who says there are no ruling class dynasties in America?
                              I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                              I am armed out of love of those behind me.

                              Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X