Nashville Armory...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nashville Armory...

Took my two older kids back to college (Vanderbilt) this past weekend. My son and I managed to squeeze in two trips to the Nashville Armory. I've been there a few times before. If you're ever in Nashville, try to get there. It's only 10 minutes from the main part of Nashville. The range is the nicest I've ever been to; completely state of the art, clean and climate controlled. The people that work there are as helpful and friendly as you will ever meet and they have a great selection of guns to rent including full auto and reasonable prices. Great retail store to browse around in too. Can't say enough good things about it. Wish we could have gone again.

What was the rental process like? I'm going to Nashville in October and really hope to visit here. Maybe not on the way to the airport, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshatkarps View Post
      What was the rental process like? I'm going to Nashville in October and really hope to visit here. Maybe not on the way to the airport, though.
      If you've never been there before, they make you fill out a waiver form and require that you watch a brief safety video even if you are an experienced shooter. Apart from that, you give them your driver license and they hold a credit card while you're shooting, just in case you decide to make off with one of their guns. Lane rentals are $20 / hour and $10 for second shooter in same lane. Gun rentals are $20 / gun for handguns and rifles, $65 for full automatic and if you rent two, you get a third free. They require you buy their ammo if you're renting guns, but it's reasonably priced.

Nashville is a really fun city. If you've never been there and want the lay of the land, feel free to reach out before you go.

Comment

Sweet! Yeah, it'll be my first time and I can't wait. Music, food and beer! It's like New Orleans with much less chance of being shot or robbed, if not both. I've got some friends who have been living there for awhile but I'm always up to hear from all kinds of people.

Comment

Nashville is a great city. Food, music (they have both kinds. Country and Western 😎 ) beautiful town, fine people...have not found anything yet not to like about the place. Class 3 is just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
            Nashville is a great city. Food, music (they have both kinds. Country and Western 😎 ) beautiful town, fine people...have not found anything yet not to like about the place. Class 3 is just a bonus.
            My son is a senior and my daughter is a sophomore so we've been going down there regularly now for a few years and we LOVE the city. My kids and I are all musicians so its really a special place for us. The restaurants are great and we always seem to manage to meet some cool people. Four years ago, Lynyrd Skynyrd was staying at our hotel on our floor and I got to hang out with Rickey Medlocke and Gary Rossington for a while... as a guitar player who grew up playing that shit, that was SOOOO COOL!! Last semester, my daughter met Thomas Rhett and Steven Tyler in one of the local eateries... and this past Friday night, we met Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line at dinner....(I bought him and his wife a round of drinks so he came over and chatted with us for a little while as my daughter freaked out that he was at the next table)... So many cool things to do there... Going back in a few weeks... can't wait...

And I'm sure I will end up back at the armory again at least once...
            Last edited by HyFiveGuns; 08-22-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Plenty of good things about Nashville, the people always seem to top that list in my experience.
              It sounds like for a crew of musicians you guys get to be in the right place at the right time pretty regularly, very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                Plenty of good things about Nashville, the people always seem to top that list in my experience.
                It sounds like for a crew of musicians you guys get to be in the right place at the right time pretty regularly, very cool.
                Completely agree. Everyone down there is super friendly and the vibe is great. You've got live music playing everywhere and everyone is just having a great ole time... Ironically, the alcohol laws are actually tougher than gun laws down there... LOL... My wife and I get carded everywhere but when I was at Auto Zone yesterday getting some stuff for my son's car, there were two guys open carrying.. gotta love that...

Comment

Two months to go, and it's not going fast enough!

Comment

Which areas do you recommend in Tennessee? I know this is about Nashville. And, OUP is headed for an area north of that. Any recommendations on where to look? No kids, just me and Mrs. Barnslayer.
                    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I'm really only familiar with Nashville area but we would like to visit Memphis at some point as I've heard great things about it. Lots of things to do in Nashville, Grand Ole Opry tour, RCA studios tour, country music hall of fame, concerts and/or sporting events at Bridgestone area. Bars downtown, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
                        I'm really only familiar with Nashville area but we would like to visit Memphis at some point as I've heard great things about it. Lots of things to do in Nashville, Grand Ole Opry tour, RCA studios tour, country music hall of fame, concerts and/or sporting events at Bridgestone area. Bars downtown, etc.
                        To the contrary, I've heard Memphis is a good place to avoid. I've been to Nashville years ago. Now I'm thinking of living in that region, but not in an urban setting or anything involving an HOA.
                        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

My wife's sisters kid just got dropped off at Vanderbilt to start her freshman year.
                          "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

Originally posted by C6NY View Post
                            My wife's sisters kid just got dropped off at Vanderbilt to start her freshman year.
                            Lucky (and smart) kid. Best of luck to her. My kids think it's the greatest place on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                              Which areas do you recommend in Tennessee? I know this is about Nashville. And, OUP is headed for an area north of that. Any recommendations on where to look? No kids, just me and Mrs. Barnslayer.
                              We have concentrated our search in Brentwood, Westbury, Franklin, Nolinsville, College Grove and Arrington. All from 15-30 minutes outside of Nashville. Larger properties in College Grove and Arrington, homes tend to all be larger than what I am used to, 3500 seems typical with 5,000 sf pretty common.
                              The constants seem to be low taxes and civil neighbors.
                              A NY real estate dollar goes much farther there but that has been narrowing over the past few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X