Range Day, Bergara 100 and 300 yd , empty range, beautiful day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Day, Bergara 100 and 300 yd , empty range, beautiful day

Hit the club range (where I am an out-of-state member) to try out the new Bergara Premier HMR pro in 6.5 creedmor.

Beautiful weather, midday, and I was the only one there for a couple of hours before the young guys got off of work.

This range is a beauty.

I mounted a scope, an old Nikon 18-power to try out the new Bergara. First four shots running high and tight, I clicked down and shot two in the bull . Then I switched to the 300 yard range, a very long walk in muddy grass, even have to cross a footbridge over the stream to get there. I was half way out to the 300 yard target when I realized I was probably squishing around in northern water snake territory and all I had was the .45 I was wearing on the hip. Not much of a snake gun. Next time I'm bringing a corn knife. At least they're not venomous.

You got to see the first photo, it is an hilarious find.

Right in front of the steel target range. You can see the rope that resets the falling plates..... Can you say accidental discharge? Well then , say it many times....

, range day chair.jpg

100 yard range, notice the nice grass!

range day 1.png

I'm all alone.... Notice how clean and well built this place is.

range 123.jpg

Over to 300 yard

300 yd.png

From the 100 yard..New gun, new scope, new mount, I'll take it. Happy range day!

range day target.png
    LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Looks like a great day. Did you not LOVE the Bergara ??

Comment

Nice! What range is that?

Comment

I'd stuff and mount that chair over my fireplace.

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
          Looks like a great day. Did you not LOVE the Bergara ??
          Yes, the Bergara is smooth as silk. Nicer than my considerable collection of Remington 700s which it is modeled after. I shot very slow and worked a nice break-in , cleaning and oiling in between.

The 6.5 is a nice round too. Soft on the shoulder, lighter than the .308 by a wide margin.

The range is called Rivanna Rifle. I have mentioned it here recently.
          11 0 beautiful acres of shooting. I am going to petition them to change the name. Nirvana, not Rivanna. ... (Nirvana: the state of perfect happiness and peace in Buddhism )

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

I've been salivating over the Bergara since I first saw it a couple years ago.

Comment

nice find

https://rrpc2.org/
              old time club...started in 1950
              club seems to be very, very active with open shoots, member shoots and trainings
              Rivanna rifle and pistol
              Charlottesville, VA
              map look down
              https://www.google.com/maps/place/15...!4d-78.5500699
              Last edited by Volkosupply; 09-15-2021, 01:25 PM.
              High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

Yes, the Bergara is smooth as silk. Nicer than my considerable collection of Remington 700s which it is modeled after. I shot very slow and worked a nice break-in , cleaning and oiling in between.

The 6.5 is a nice round too. Soft on the shoulder, lighter than the .308 by a wide margin.

The range is called Rivanna Rifle. I have mentioned it here recently.
                11 0 beautiful acres of shooting. I am going to petition them to change the name. Nirvana, not Rivanna. ... (Nirvana: the state of perfect happiness and peace in Buddhism )

I just ordered the B14 Wilderness HMR in 6.5 as an upgrade to my B14 that I am selling (SPF). I am now feeling like I jumped the gun a bit because now I really want the Premier HMR Pro in 6.5 CM Heavy Barrel. Originally, I didn't want to spend the extra $$ because I hadn't sold the B14 yet but of course I sold it right after I ordered the Wilderness. That is a really nice range BTW...

Comment

• SemiAutoFetish
                  SemiAutoFetish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  moral of story...don't sell, just keep adding

• Volkosupply
                  Volkosupply commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nah. moral of the story is buy what you want and keep it forever. by the time your kid is shooting it, those extra dollars are fully amortized and then some.

I just ordered the B14 Wilderness HMR in 6.5 as an upgrade to my B14 that I am selling (SPF). I am now feeling like I jumped the gun a bit because now I really want the Premier HMR Pro in 6.5 CM Heavy Barrel. Originally, I didn't want to spend the extra $$ because I hadn't sold the B14 yet but of course I sold it right after I ordered the Wilderness. That is a really nice range BTW...
                If you do get a Premier, VERY IMPORTANT it does not take the 6-40 thread screws that a regular Rem 700 or the regular B14 takes.
                The receiver is tapped 8-40.

You can get a regular Rem 700 base and drill it, it's very easy and the screw head size difference is so slight that it will fit into the countersunk hole with most bases I've seen.
                However, EGW has a base that is special for the Bergara Premier, already slightly bigger holes.

Comment

I think we can all say that Alan, we are very happy you are enjoying yourself and taking the time to do so.
                  High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

If you do get a Premier, VERY IMPORTANT it does not take the 6-40 thread screws that a regular Rem 700 or the regular B14 takes.
                    The receiver is tapped 8-40.

You can get a regular Rem 700 base and drill it, it's very easy and the screw head size difference is so slight that it will fit into the countersunk hole with most bases I've seen.
                    However, EGW has a base that is special for the Bergara Premier, already slightly bigger holes.
                    Thanks. It looks like my Wilderness shipped this morning so I'm not getting the Premier but I was aware of the difference in the screws on the receiver. I had an EGW rail on my B14 that came with both the 6-48 and 8-40 screws...

Comment

LI Ammo ... if I'm not mistaken, your rifle is the Premier Ridgeback ??

Comment

LI Ammo ... if I'm not mistaken, your rifle is the Premier Ridgeback ??

Yes, here's the link. https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles...dgeback-rifle/

Premier Ridgeback, comes with M-Lock forend.
                        I might have called it the HMR earlier, which is the same gun except for the M Lock..

I love my Remington 700s, they are great rifles, but this is nicer. It's in 6.5 cm.

Comment

Working...
                        X