Pennsylvania Public Outdoor Shooting Ranges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pennsylvania Public Outdoor Shooting Ranges

I don’t know if this commonly known here but the Pennsylvania Game Commission maintains public outdoor shooting ranges throughout the state. The ranges are free if you have a Pennsylvania hunting license. If not, you only have to pay $30.00 for a yearly range permit.

The below link shows the 29 different locations.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=620410&mode=2

There is also no age requirement. Children are permitted as long as they have parental/adult supervision.

The only down side is that no shooter is allowed to load more than three rounds of ammunition in a rifle at one time.

Thanks for posting, I've looked into this a couple of years ago, unfortunately nothing past 300 yards.

Comment

Thank you for posting this Sheeple..Great info!

Comment

You should look into the “Pennsylvania 1,000 Yard Benchrest Club” located in Trout Run, PA.

It is not public, but there are not many ranges which are capable of 1,000 yards.

http://www.pa1000yard.com/

Comment

I've shot at a few of those in the Southeast Region in my younger days.

Sometimes made Calverton look like Brookhaven.
          Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Wait a second . Is Sheeple now Simpleman ? God help us

Comment

I go to one near Welsboro PA, nice little ranges. They used to be free, but $30 a year is nothing.
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
              - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
              - James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post
                I've shot at a few of those in the Southeast Region in my younger days.

Sometimes made Calverton look like Brookhaven.
                It is my understanding that the ranges are mostly self-regulated, and thus the three round limit.

Comment

• Grifhunter
                  Grifhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly. But there were always ya-hoo's doing full mag dumps into an old TV they brought, the firing line was a heel scrape in the dirt. But I can't recall anyone getting hurt.

Originally posted by SimpleMan View Post
                You should look into the “Pennsylvania 1,000 Yard Benchrest Club” located in Trout Run, PA.

It is not public, but there are not many ranges which are capable of 1,000 yards.

http://www.pa1000yard.com/
                I've done some research on those,, PA and Upstate NY.....I like the PA road trip idea...Great post by the way,,thanks for that info...

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbytaz View Post
                  I go to one near Welsboro PA, nice little ranges. They used to be free, but $30 a year is nothing.
                  I joined Wicen’s Shooting Range, located in Furlong, years ago because it was the only range I knew of at the time where my kids could shoot. They were very nice to us even though we were not locals. They gave us a safety lesson and clays my kids could shoot with the .22’s

http://www.wicenshootingrange.com/

Comment

I spent the weekend shooting at “State Gameland 43” - GPS Coordinates 40.17468022,-75.79698572 (Elverson).

I met a bunch of nice people including a Deputy Wildlife Conservation Officer.

The range was mostly self-regulated and extremely safe. However, if you are tempted to misbehave, DON’T, because a Deputy Wildlife Conservation Officer will see you before you see him/her.

Comment

Working...
                    X