+1 Freeport R&R crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 Freeport R&R crew

I’ve been pretty busy and haven’t been to Freeport in a while. I was able to shoot (🤦) over today for a little range therapy and all I can say is wow. The outdoors looks like it’s pretty close to completion and the indoor range looks fantastic.
    I have no doubt that Dan and Vito and a handful of others have been breaking their asses either working on the improvements, designing them or supervising the work.
    I would like to say I had a hand in some of the goodness there but that would be pure BS.
    Thank You to the core group who always seem to come through and make things better for the rest of us.
    Last edited by Huntington Guy; 07-06-2019, 06:25 PM.

I got to get my butt down there and shoot and see the updates.

Comment

Anyone have an update on the outdoor work?

Comment

I have to take a half day and get over there in the next couple weeks.
        NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
        NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
        Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
          Anyone have an update on the outdoor work?
          the extent of it is laying down concrete across the whole range for a 3 yard point, widening the concrete path to the range as well as extending the concrete a bit at the 25 yard point on the sand pit to facilitate cleaning up brass. Astroturf has replaced the gravel between one of the sidewalk, and i believe there may be plans to do the same between the rest.
          "The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post

the extent of it is laying down concrete across the whole range for a 3 yard point, widening the concrete path to the range as well as extending the concrete a bit at the 25 yard point on the sand pit to facilitate cleaning up brass. Astroturf has replaced the gravel between one of the sidewalk, and i believe there may be plans to do the same between the rest.
            Any idea what the completion schedule is? Is outdoors open for use yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Any idea what the completion schedule is? Is outdoors open for use yet?
              It has been open, other than the scheduled police trainings. I noticed that the calendar has it closed 7/24 &25 for repairs

Comment

Is there any day other than Sunday for prospective member to join? Asking for a friend at work.

Comment

Originally posted by cityrepo61 View Post
                  Is there any day other than Sunday for prospective member to join? Asking for a friend at work.
                  From what I heard there are no new membership meetings being scheduled...at least for July and August.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post

From what I heard there are no new membership meetings being scheduled...at least for July and August.
                    Thanks

Comment

Quite a crew at Freeport.
                      The fact that they host our LIG get togethers with patience and professionalism is enough.
                      As an aside, I am still grateful the amazing care they provided one of mine when he was fighting cancer puts the Junior club folks at the top of my “ you’re awesome “ list.
                      Tip of the hat to Peter Gunn for arranging that.

Comment

Originally posted by cityrepo61 View Post
                        OK. Here's the deal. Sunday mornings = Open house to tour the range and get answers to your frequently asked questions.

Then ... Go online, put your name in the key spot. And when the next New Member meeting (Sept-June) you'll get a call a few days in advance. Then Print out your application, fill it out and bring it to the meeting with your pistol license (if you have one) and cash, check, or money order for dues ($175.00) + initiation fee ($200.00) for a total of $375.00. Brinmg a non magnum handgun, or a .22 rifle, 10 rounds of ammo and eye, ear protection. Pay your fees, sit through the safety briefing, and then 6 at a time, you qualify. Note ... qualification is all about displaying safety at the line of fire.

After that, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RANGE ... ASK! If you have a question after you leave, stop by any Sunday morning and ASK any range officer present.

It's a great club, but sometimes wonder why I would choose to be a member of a club that would have "ME" as a member!

Comment

Working...
                        X