Any archery ranges in Nassau?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
    Just remember if you don't bring it, you won't have it. There is NOTHING there but four tables and an open field. And I love the fact that between the childrens' playground and the first lane about 40 yards away is a broken down stockade fence LOL ! Saturday huh ? Be careful if there are families there with kids, who tend to run out to get the three arrows they just shot all over the place without waiting for a cease fire.
    Will do. Of course, my wife called the NC Cedar Creek phone line today and they said they "have everything you need" LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
      Depending on where you are in Nassau and how willing you are to drive to Queens.... there’s a nice indoor place in Queens called Queens Archery aka Big Apple Archery. They’re in Flushing a little east of Auburndale LIRR station and Utopia Pkwy. A block north of the tracks.
      It’s walkable from the auburndale train station. I wonder if I can park at the Port Washington station and take my bow case onto the train haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post

It’s walkable from the auburndale train station. I wonder if I can park at the Port Washington station and take my bow case onto the train haha.
        It IS a "firearm"... but who would know?
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

It IS a "firearm"... but who would know?
          I thought bows are not considered firearms?

If anyone asks I would say I play a string instrument

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post

I thought bows are not considered firearms?

If anyone asks I would say I play a string instrument
            I think if you shoot in your yard within 500 ft of another house they charge you with discharging a firearm. I used to do it all the time but I don't trust the newer neighbors.
            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I think if you shoot in your yard within 500 ft of another house they charge you with discharging a firearm. I used to do it all the time but I don't trust the newer neighbors.
              Interesting point about the distance and the charge.

I used to shoot into my parents garage with the block in the back. Never thought much of it back then lol

Comment

Yep, same here......target at back wall of garage, and shot from the street at the curb. Never had an issue, but that was a looong time ago. Don't know if I would try it again today. Probably not.

Comment

Working...
                X