Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeport Range

Mates,

Are there waits for lanes on weekends? If so, how long?

As I understand it, indoor lanes are 25 yards, correct?

I only shoot 9mm handguns and shotgun, so ammo restrictions are not an issue.

Thanks for any advice
    Last edited by RVA; 01-05-2020, 02:48 PM.

Originally posted by RVA View Post
    Mates,

Are there waits for lanes on weekends? If so, how long?

As I understand it, indoor lanes are 25 yards, correct?

I only shoot 9mm handguns and shotgun, so ammo restrictions are not an issue.

Thanks for any advice
    the 9 can be shot in or out the shogun only slugs outside on the right .
    there are some competitions and trainings on the weekends so you would check the calendar. so depending on days yes or no
    inside is 50 feet it that far

Comment

I recommend you check the calendar. I have gone there at various times (when nothing was on the calendar) on both Saturday and Sunday and never had to wait for the indoor. As a matter of fact my last few Sunday visit I was either alone or with one other member. Same goes for the outside.
      Last edited by Waffen1974; 01-05-2020, 03:23 PM. Reason: Poor grammar

Comment

Just making sure you realize that you have to be a member to use this range. It seems like you may not be a member based on the nature of your questions as these would’ve been discussed in the new member meeting.

Comment

You can shoot a 22rifle indoors too. For the price, Freeport is a great option. Only waited once (for a new member meeting to end) so I sat watching tv and talked to fellow members.

Comment

Are you a member of Freeport? It is restricted to Club Members and access would/should restrict your ability to enter/o a card.

If you are, enjoy the range and support the juniors

Comment

Thanks all. I am not a member of any range. I have only shot at Mitchell Field. I am considering Depot. I like to get to the range ar least 1x a week, so it would save me $$ even with the initial membership fee. I imagine the indoor lanes have to be at least as good as Mitchell Field, but 50 feet seems short. I normally only shoot 15 yards, but I am still a new shooter and imagine I would want to expand my range in the future
              Last edited by RVA; 01-05-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks all. I am not a member of any range. I have only shot at Mitchell Field. I am considering Depot. I like to get to the range ar least 1x a week, so it would save me $$ even with the initial membership fee. I imagine the indoor lanes have to be at least as good as Mitchell Field, but 50 feet seems short. I normally only shoot 15 yards, but I am still a new shooter and imagine I would want to expand my range in the future
                Freeport is a great option. Membership costs are reasonable and the facility is terrific. Exposure to experienced shooters and people with lots to offer. The Club, through the Juniors Club does a remarkable job of education, training and mentoring young shooters. Safety is always first, second and third whether it’s the kids or us kids at heart on the range.
                Sunday mornings are open houses if you’d want to tour the ranges and get the scoop on specifics...I do not represent the range or Club in any way other than being a very happy member for a number of years.
                Good Luck to ya

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Freeport is a great option. Membership costs are reasonable and the facility is terrific. Exposure to experienced shooters and people with lots to offer. The Club, through the Juniors Club does a remarkable job of education, training and mentoring young shooters. Safety is always first, second and third whether it’s the kids or us kids at heart on the range.
                  Sunday mornings are open houses if you’d want to tour the ranges and get the scoop on specifics...I do not represent the range or Club in any way other than being a very happy member for a number of years.
                  Good Luck to ya
                  That sounds nice. I will check out an open house. Thanks!

Comment

That sounds nice. I will check out an open house. Thanks!
                    been a member for years , has some good competitions on the weekends also

Comment

I will probably check out an open house tomorrow. Is there anything I need to do other than show up between 9-11? I know not to expect to shoot.

Thanks

Comment

I'm the guy who does the Sunday tours. I'm usually there from 7:45-9:00 or 10:00. Stop by tomorrow and I'll be more than happy to show you around and answer any questions you might have.

Peter.

Comment

I will probably check out an open house tomorrow. Is there anything I need to do other than show up between 9-11? I know not to expect to shoot.

Thanks
                          Good decision, enjoy.

https://www.freeportrevolver.org/new-membership

F3436285-FCE2-432C-92D7-B24C50584BA0.png

Comment

1. Freeport is MUCH better than MF. That's not an insult, just a fact comparing an interesting private range to a uniform public one.

2. I advise you to work on fast, accurate shots at close distances instead of trying to be accurate with slow-fire at a distance the weapons were not ready designed for.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

2. I advise you to work on fast, accurate shots at close distances instead of trying to be accurate with slow-fire at a distance the weapons were not ready designed for.
                              Good advice. Hopefully Freeport will be full of helpful gentlemen like you. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X