X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitaman
    replied
    Originally posted by RVA View Post

I signed up for the 1/30 safety class. I look forward to meeting you soon after!
    Cool!...I shoot mostly outside. You might enjoy coming on a Sunday afternoon when the Juniors are shooting. lots of targets to shoot at, and folks shooting at the pit.

Leave a comment:

• RVA
    replied
    Originally posted by Vitaman View Post

No, it was still on the counter when I got there later
    I signed up for the 1/30 safety class. I look forward to meeting you soon after!

Leave a comment:

• Vitaman
    replied

Yes, I was there at that time! Were you there while I was visiting?
    No, it was still on the counter when I got there later

Leave a comment:

• RVA
    replied
    Originally posted by Vitaman View Post

they don't have birthday cake every week...
    Yes, I was there at that time! Were you there while I was visiting?

Leave a comment:

• Vitaman
    replied
    Just came back from the open house. Very pleasant experience. Looks like I will be joining
    they don't have birthday cake every week...

Leave a comment:

• NG9588
    replied
    After reading this thread I checked out Freeport’s site. Seems like a great set up with good people as members. Just might have to join up once my pistol license arrives.

Leave a comment:

• RVA
    replied
    Just came back from the open house. Very pleasant experience. Looks like I will be joining

Leave a comment:

• Range Time
    replied
    Good advice. Hopefully Freeport will be full of helpful gentlemen like you. Thanks!
    It is.

So is LIGC.

I'll teach anybody at any time (as long as he or she follows the four safety rules).

Leave a comment:

• PeterGunn
    replied
    Good advice. Hopefully Freeport will be full of helpful gentlemen like you. Thanks!

looks like I missed you. I work the overnight shift these days and last night wasn't one of the better ones. I was tired and left early.

If you didn't make it down, PM me and I'll try and work out a nice time to mwwt up with you.
    Peter

Leave a comment:

• RVA
    replied
    Originally posted by Range Time View Post

2. I advise you to work on fast, accurate shots at close distances instead of trying to be accurate with slow-fire at a distance the weapons were not ready designed for.

Leave a comment:

• Range Time
    replied
    Thanks all. I am not a member of any range. I have only shot at Mitchell Field. I am considering Depot. I like to get to the range ar least 1x a week, so it would save me $$ even with the initial membership fee. I imagine the indoor lanes have to be at least as good as Mitchell Field, but 50 feet seems short. I normally only shoot 15 yards, but I am still a new shooter and imagine I would want to expand my range in the future
    1. Freeport is MUCH better than MF. That's not an insult, just a fact comparing an interesting private range to a uniform public one.

2. I advise you to work on fast, accurate shots at close distances instead of trying to be accurate with slow-fire at a distance the weapons were not ready designed for.

Leave a comment:

• Huntington Guy
    replied
    I will probably check out an open house tomorrow. Is there anything I need to do other than show up between 9-11? I know not to expect to shoot.

Thanks
    Good decision, enjoy.

https://www.freeportrevolver.org/new-membership

F3436285-FCE2-432C-92D7-B24C50584BA0.png

Leave a comment:

• PeterGunn
    replied
    Thanks all. I am not a member of any range. I have only shot at Mitchell Field. I am considering Depot. I like to get to the range ar least 1x a week, so it would save me $$ even with the initial membership fee. I imagine the indoor lanes have to be at least as good as Mitchell Field, but 50 feet seems short. I normally only shoot 15 yards, but I am still a new shooter and imagine I would want to expand my range in the future
    I'm the guy who does the Sunday tours. I'm usually there from 7:45-9:00 or 10:00. Stop by tomorrow and I'll be more than happy to show you around and answer any questions you might have.

Peter.

Leave a comment:

• RVA
    replied
    I will probably check out an open house tomorrow. Is there anything I need to do other than show up between 9-11? I know not to expect to shoot.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• M-14BULLETTS
    replied
    That sounds nice. I will check out an open house. Thanks!
    been a member for years , has some good competitions on the weekends also

Leave a comment:

Working...
X