Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freeport Indoor Range Re-Opening 00:00 Hrs 07/04/2020!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeport Indoor Range Re-Opening 00:00 Hrs 07/04/2020!

WOO HOO !!!

All current rules remain in effect with the exception of mid range shooting indoors. With the new backstops, mid-range shooting is allowed in ALL 6 points. Magnums and Carbines are still NOT allowed!

During the current Covid crisis, social distancing and mask rules will be enforced!

Freeport members ... check your inbox or spam folder for the email.

And again, I reiterate ... WOO-HOO !!

Any word on new member classes coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterGunn View Post

Magnums and Carbines are still NOT allowed!
      Glad to hear about the new backstop, the way the email read it almost seemed like in the future they might open it up to these.

Think they might consider PCC in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by HulkSmash22 View Post
        Any word on new member classes coming back?
        There's nothing official on the subject yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety1st View Post

Glad to hear about the new backstop, the way the email read it almost seemed like in the future they might open it up to these.

Think they might consider PCC in the future?
          I'm not "in the loop" but if it were up to me, it would never happen!

Quick story ... One day, I was down at the range shooting my AR indoors! My .22 RIMFIRE AR!!! After I was done and about to walk out, I overheard a conversation where 2 shooters were complaining that R/O's get to break the rules. I stopped, uncased my gun and showed them both that it was indeed a indoor range legal .22 Rimfire gun.

After leaving them, I went to the bathroom to wash the lead off. When I picked up my gear, I heard that familiar BOOM! When I went back in there were those same 2 knuckleheads shooting an AR indoors! I've never brought my .22 AR back to Freeport since. I've found .30-30, .308, 7mm Mag, .30-06, 12 ga. and FN 5.7 casings on the indoor range.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

Shooting is addicting and the PCC is the gateway drug!

Comment

• jimco10391
            jimco10391 commented
            Editing a comment
            I go down when i can early on Sun mornings and i always sweep the range before i shoot 98% of the time no one is there until 530 600 so there is ample opportunity to do my part in cleanup and i see many diff cal shells there...

We should petition for PCC be allowed indoors. I don't see any reason it is not allowed.

Comment

• jimco10391
            jimco10391 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told because i asked 4or 5 years ago when i joined that the velocity of the PCC was to great for the back stop...because i want to bring my camp 9 and my lever down there....

Originally posted by weinyce View Post
          We should petition for PCC be allowed indoors. I don't see any reason it is not allowed.
          See the post above yours!

Comment

Can we shoot at 3/5 yards now or still 25 feet min?

Comment

Originally posted by -vanguard- View Post
              Can we shoot at 3/5 yards now or still 25 feet min?
              The midrange line is actually at the 7 yard line. (21 Feet). That's the minimum distance you can shoot indoors at Freeport.

Comment

After leaving them, I went to the bathroom to wash the lead off. When I picked up my gear, I heard that familiar BOOM! When I went back in there were those same 2 knuckleheads shooting an AR indoors! I've never brought my .22 AR back to Freeport since. I've found .30-30, .308, 7mm Mag, .30-06, 12 ga. and FN 5.7 casings on the indoor range.

I know someone that purposely will go indoors and throw some crazy big spent cases on the floor just to screw with a certain RO..

Comment

I'm not "in the loop" but if it were up to me, it would never happen!

Quick story ... One day, I was down at the range shooting my AR indoors! My .22 RIMFIRE AR!!! After I was done and about to walk out, I overheard a conversation where 2 shooters were complaining that R/O's get to break the rules. I stopped, uncased my gun and showed them both that it was indeed a indoor range legal .22 Rimfire gun.

Was shooting outdoors one day, and just BS’ing with the RO. Some bonehead was caught shooting a .223/5.56 AR pistol indoors. Their excuse was “It’s a pistol”. Let’s just say it was someone who should have known better.
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by blue70chevelle View Post

I know someone that purposely will go indoors and throw some crazy big spent cases on the floor just to screw with a certain RO..
                    I've caught someone who should know better putting 12 ga. slugs downrange. I've found brass that shouldn't be on the indoor range inside the target mover machinery.

Comment

I was wondering I believe they allow steel targets. would they allow a dueling tree there. I was thinking of getting one but I do not think I would have any place to shoot it
                      let's make america great again

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
                        I was wondering I believe they allow steel targets. would they allow a dueling tree there. I was thinking of getting one but I do not think I would have any place to shoot it
                        I could be wrong but I don't see any reason why you couldn't set it up right next to the other steel that's there. People bring steel spinners all the time. I don't see any difference.

Comment

I've seen someone bring a dueling tree there, no problem.
                          Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
                          Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Working...
                          X