This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E View Post
    Apparently they are closed for COVID precautions (whatever that means).

Smells funny to me

Anyone with more info?
    Hmmmm. I was there last night and didn’t smell anything, but I did see a not-to-be-named member giving joeydiver a ten spot for his thong. Perhaps they smelled something.
    Last edited by raceradam; 01-08-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Hannco; 01-07-2021, 08:53 PM.
      True freedom and our inherent responsibility:
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...18&version=NLT
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...hronicles+7:14

Comment

Hmm. Closed the day after the DC mess, and reopening the day after the inaugural. China virus quarantine just 10 days, isn't it ?

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
          Hmm. Closed the day after the DC mess, and reopening the day after the inaugural. China virus quarantine just 10 days, isn't it ?
          Gotta make sure all those "deplorables" don't get any last minute practice in case they decide on going on the offensive...

Comment

I rarely get there but fir the regulars, it seems Mitchell closes pretty regularly. Is that typical of Nassau Parks and facilities or is this a special place?

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post

Gotta make sure all those "deplorables" don't get any last minute practice in case they decide on going on the offensive...
              Been ready since 9-11
              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                I rarely get there but fir the regulars, it seems Mitchell closes pretty regularly. Is that typical of Nassau Parks and facilities or is this a special place?
                I don't go myself all that often, usually only during the winter into mid spring when I am not deer hunting or starting up fishing. Hot as hell there in the summer ( so I have heard.) Every so often it does inexplicably close but usually for a mechanical breakdown as the infrastructure is old. I ALWAYS call first, been burned twice by not doing so. But I have always had either a military and now old fart discount and by bring all mags pre-loaded and three or four guns I shoot up to 200 rounds in the hour that I am there, and the last fee increase went all the way up to four bucks (for military, seniors, volunteer fire.) Many law enforcement agencies use the 30 point range for quals and along with the golf course its the only county park that makes any money. So long as it is there I would never buy into a private range.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                  Typically, no it's not normal, but it has had many hiccups the last couple of years. It started with the controversial hazmat cleanup during its routine maintenance shutdown, and it been a roller coaster ever since. Complete with finger pointing/he said-she said CYA stuff etc. There have been times with individual room issues, and complete shutdowns because of maint/repair issues, and of course, it has to do with it's age, and the typical bureaucratic bullshit of any municipality facility. I would never give it up though.

Comment

There is now a sign outside that says “closed until further notice”.

Anyone have any info?

Comment

When you call, it just says closed for 2 weeks as of Thursday January 7th.

Comment

Who wants to bet the prices will go up when they reopen.

Comment

So my 4 bucks an hour for 29 yds goes to 5 bucks an hour, sure beats 30 bucks for 12 yds at DSI.

Comment

MF will be reopening on Friday, 1/22/21.
                            Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X