• Show
Clear All

Valley Stream Central Has a rifle range in the basement

Comment

Originally posted by Mag162 View Post
      Valley Stream Central Has a rifle range in the basement
      Still?

Comment

I believe its still there dont know if its in use. Heard they were shooting airguns only

Comment

When I was in school in the late 80's Oceanside High School had a range in the basement and a team. Not sure when they closed the range and disbanded the team.

Here's a youtube video from 10 years ago where some kids snuck into the school and found the range.
          panem et circenses

Comment

I find it absolutely amazing how many schools on LI had rifle teams and ranges. It’s also upsetting to me how quickly these team were disbanded and ranges were repurposed. I wonder if any of the NYC Schools had them. Sad that Rifle teams will never come back at schools.

Comment

I think the Oceanside team may have had Anschutz riles mainly. It was a long time ago so my memory may be off.
              panem et circenses

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer21 View Post
                I find it absolutely amazing how many schools on LI had rifle teams and ranges. It’s also upsetting to me how quickly these team were disbanded and ranges were repurposed. I wonder if any of the NYC Schools had them. Sad that Rifle teams will never come back at schools.
                It was before Nassau became Queens and Suffolk became Nassau.

(also before parents stopped parenting and men became pussies.)

Comment

Ahhhhhh that explains it...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Win1300 View Post
                    I think the Oceanside team may have had Anschutz riles mainly. It was a long time ago so my memory may be off.
                    Probably. I know that Bellmore/Merrick had a handful of Anschutz rifles, but I preferred the Winchester 52D myself (we had about half and half Anschutz and Winchester). We also had a handful of Winchester 52C models, and aside from those two making up the great majority, the teams we met might have had a very small number of Remington 40X in the mix as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                      Chaminade legitimately used to use the cafeteria with bulletbtraps.

by the time I was there we used mitchel field
                      Who says the Chaminade Flyers had Velvet Jocks...
                      True freedom and our inherent responsibility:
                      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...18&version=NLT
                      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...hronicles+7:14

Comment

There's a Nassau league. Not sure which schools belong. I know Freeport and massapequa are part of the league. Its all air rifle. More to do with range upkeeps than any political bullshit from what I'm told.

Comment

Son was on Rifle team in HS, shot air rifle in their basement, was used for .22 back in the day

Comment

Working...
                          X