Does Mitchell Field allow minors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

Yet another reason to go to Calverton. I have to have a document to let my 16-year-old shoot my .22LR with me? Crazy!
    Totally agree. I just go there and my daughter can (legally) shoot my pistols.

Comment

Originally posted by Theirishweaver View Post

yeah but ive seen some really stupid stuff happen at Calverton - ive taken my daughter to the Islip Outdoor range a bunch of times - they run that range so well and safe - really friendly and helpful instructing young kids....just with the crappy weather i was hoping the indoor ranges would allow it too....but at calverton im watching my own back the whole time let alone having to worry about her as well....just not my ideal range day there with her.
      There is occasionally some dumb stuff at Calverton, but less so if you go when it's not busy and if you are selective about the position you take. It's also important to be aware of what the people around you are doing at any range, and to call them out on it if necessary. Both of those things are good things to teach, but obviously not to kids just starting out. Remember too that Calverton is open rain or shine.

The outdoor Islip range is nice, but it has a VERY limited schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
        Calverton. Be there well before the start and go all the way over to the right. You may have to bring large sheets of corrugated cardboard since the stakes may have zero backing, but if you get there early enough, you will not have to worry about anyone on the right. (Of course this does take some of the fun out of being there.)
        I've found too that other people "to the right" generally have a more safety-minded mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

I've found too that other people "to the right" generally have a more safety-minded mindset.
          Perhaps, or is it just too hard over there on the right to do something really STUPID or to be seen doing something really STUPID ?

Comment

Working...
          X