NYC range in need of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYC range in need of help

Don't know if this was posted here before....

https://www.gofundme...istol-range-inc

Isn’t this the last gun range in Manhattan

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
      Isn’t this the last gun range in Manhattan
      I hear parts of the subway are a firing range these days.

Comment

Be a good idea if I knew what they needed the money for. Is this a private range or open to the public ? I was a member of Metropolitan Rod And Gun for 30 years and it was well run and dues were relatively cheap and never had money issues.
        ok read the full article. NYC isn’t cheap. Needing rent money after a month or two after a shutdown seems like poor management. Maybe they need to raise there rates. Probably not enough licensed gun owners in the city to keep them busy
        Last edited by FastPhil; 04-29-2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Some interesting pictures on their site..
          First rifles are cable locked to bench...
          2nd this asshole...Not the guy friendly to guns and or ranges..
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by artburg View Post
            Some interesting pictures on their site..
            First rifles are cable locked to bench...
            2nd this asshole...Not the guy friendly to guns and or ranges..
            The rifle isn't cable locked. That is a chain across the shooting point restricting downrange access.
            The range scenes from the movie Taxi Driver were filmed there which is why they have pictures with DeNiro. It was about 40 years ago. Things changed a bit since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

The rifle isn't cable locked. That is a chain across the shooting point restricting downrange access.
              The range scenes from the movie Taxi Driver were filmed there which is why they have pictures with DeNiro. It was about 40 years ago. Things changed a bit since then.
              Attached Files

Comment

Oh no they are attached to bench like at a carnival.But to be expected in that city

Comment

That must be new. I used to volunteer there for the Womens Shooting Sports League and they didn't have them chained like that at the time. Oh well.

Comment

Around 2000 I joined a private shooting range downtown Manhattan where I was working at the time. 9/11 happened; the range owner took the money he got in the bailouts and shut it down. That was West Side's last competitor.

And a good trivia fact, West Side R&P was immediately downstairs from the VIP Club, made for an interesting night of blasting and boobs.
                    Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Let’s face it, the range going under will be viewed as a victory by the Antis. It will continue to burden legal gun owners and NYC will continue there assault on gun owners, gun shops etc. I will say if this was Canbis or crappy Bodega type store this would be all over the liberal media outlets crying for help. This won’t even be a snippet on TV news and will only occupy a “Manhattan Real Estate Ad in any form of media. No one wins here.

Comment

That pic with the chain I’m guessing is a rental. Website states they do rent

Comment

Originally posted by artburg View Post
                          Oh no they are attached to bench like at a carnival.But to be expected in that city
                          Yep, this picture from their own website:
                          point8.jpg?resize=445%2C597&ssl=1.jpg

But aren't they a private range with membership? The majority of funds come from membership dues, which were probably already paid. That's like saying Freeport is closing due to lack of funds.

Plus, what about all these mortgage/rent relief policies that are supposed to be in effect, especially in NYC? Something here doesn't completely add up.
                          Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
                          Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

I remember hearing that they did a simple version of an Appleseed there I think maybe VietVet can chime in. I am pretty sure at the time on the Canadian site it mentioned that the rifles were chained to the benches.
                            Ben

Comment

I did several Appleseeds there. At that time the rifles weren’t chained to anything.
                              However, they were shot to shit. Barrels were shot out. Appleseed actually donated some barrels to the Range. Not sure how that turned out.
                              Have to say though the people running the place were good people. Always polite and willing to help with anything they could. Hate to hear they’re having problems.
                              Running Appleseeds in Manhattan was a blast.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
                              President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Working...
                              X