Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Shore Shooting Range

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by Banzai View Post

    That's a shame...when it rained the range floor/floodzone was a great place to play with remote controlled boats in between rounds. I even heard rumors of large mouthed bass.
     
    III%

    Comment


      #92
      I am starting to feel old. Doesn't anyone remember what a great place this was in the 80's and early 90's before Shithead took over? It was owned by a guy named Steve, retired cop I think, and pretty good gunsmith. He had a fully stocked store, great selection of guns, powder and primers, clay pigeons. They used to rent 10/22s and various handguns, and had a full stock of cheap smokey M&D ammo. The range was relatively clean, and all the target retrieval systems worked. It definitely has potential.

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by Pat M View Post
        I am starting to feel old. Doesn't anyone remember what a great place this was in the 80's and early 90's before Shithead took over? It was owned by a guy named Steve, retired cop I think, and pretty good gunsmith. He had a fully stocked store, great selection of guns, powder and primers, clay pigeons. They used to rent 10/22s and various handguns, and had a full stock of cheap smokey M&D ammo. The range was relatively clean, and all the target retrieval systems worked. It definitely has potential.
        Yeah I must be old too. I remember Steve well and another gentleman who worked there named Jim. Can't remember ever having a problem with any of the guys who worked there. They were always very helpful and had great prices on their firearms with six months free range time with every gun purchase. was a great place to shoot guns have a cup of coffee and shoot the breeze. Would love to see that there again. Went there once after Steve sold the place, didn't like the attitude and never went back. I'll give it a shot when they reopen. (pun intended)

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by artburg View Post

          One side is a store,other a range.Middle was range counter and such.

          Has anyone been to SSS and see if this is true or just wishful thinking??
          Any updates to construction of the facility?

          Comment


            #95
            Nothing official. I live nearby so I did a drive by Friday and it looked like the tarp was off of the roof. Hopefully it's tight to the weather, especially with all the rain this weekend. The front door was open and it looked like inside was pretty well cleared out. Noticed a display case, couldn't tell if it was new or old. The outside, around the side of the building and in front looked pretty cleared out. Hopefully it will be ready soon.

            Comment


              #96
              Any updates on the new range?
              Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by ChiefSailer View Post
                Any updates on the new range?
                Still working on it, the last I heard as of last week. Should be really nice.

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

                  Still working on it, the last I heard as of last week. Should be really nice.
                  Thanks. I was never there. I'm a member at Freeport. But at the long island steel shootout I won a free hour of range time at LISC.

                  BTW are they keeping that name?
                  Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by ChiefSailer View Post

                    Thanks. I was never there. I'm a member at Freeport. But at the long island steel shootout I won a free hour of range time at LISC.

                    BTW are they keeping that name?
                    I was there when you won that. Are you sure it's for LISC and not the other only occasionally open outdoor range that's also on Freeman ave?

                    Comment


                      They should definitely change the name...anyone who reads a review under LISC from the past ten years would never ever go there ever ever never never ever...

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by 10mmlover View Post

                        I was there when you won that. Are you sure it's for LISC and not the other only occasionally open outdoor range that's also on Freeman ave?
                        It says "South Shore Shooting Range" Which answers my question about the name. And the address on the certificate is 130 Freeman Ave which is the old LISC.
                        Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

                        Comment


                          Ok great and yeah, that pretty well solidifies who bought the range.

                          Comment


                            I work let than a mile from that range I haven't seen it open yet but I have seen the work going on cant wait till I can shoot during lunch time

                            Comment


                              Took a ride over to the LISC former site work still going on but still closed any one have any word on this >?

                              Comment


                                Rumor says about another week or 2.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X