Brookhaven today. 1-25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brookhaven today. 1-25

Gonna be there early for me at like noon sighting in my ar.
    how much is the rifle range there? Are they really as anal retentive as everyone tells me?

I was there yesterday and I believe I paid 19
    III%

Comment

At Brookhaven:
      Uncase only on your bench w/ muzzle pointing downrange.
      Muzzle up when moving from bench to rack.
      Pick up your brass.
      Keep everyone safe, and have fun w/ the AR.

Comment

Fire only from the seated position (no standing).

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post
          how much is the rifle range there? Are they really as anal retentive as everyone tells me?
          I always pay $22, don't know if it's different for Nassau or Suffolk county residents. They have simple rules designed to keep everyone safe and the place from getting messy. It's a big range with lots of shooting points and I've spent hours there without being kicked out. Ignore anything negative you've heard, follow the safety rules and go enjoy yourself. I'm hoping to go there myself tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post
            Yup, they're real shitty when you point your loaded firearms at the rest of the people on the firing line.
            Other than that, they're generally strict about safety which is a plus, not a minus.

I've been to Calverton when some idiot starts to shoot with people down range setting targets. So I'm glad that they take safety seriously.
            LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

Yup, they're real shitty when you point your loaded firearms at the rest of the people on the firing line.
              Other than that, they're generally strict about safety which is a plus, not a minus.

I've been to Calverton when some idiot starts to shoot with people down range setting targets. So I'm glad that they take safety seriously.
              Sorry Al, I guess you did not know it was take your mother in law shooting day. Yup teach them the fundamentals of shooting and have them hang targets.

Comment

When you first get there give the RO's a heads up that you know what your doing and not to bother you.

Comment

"... Yup, they're real shitty when you point your loaded firearms at the rest of the people on the firing line...." especially when trying to clear a jam and inadvertently have your finger on the trigger. I might have seen that elsewhere on Long Island.

The rules are simple and common sense. It does not take a rocket scientist to understand them nor a cutting edge SWAT team member to follow them.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
                    When you first get there give the RO's a heads up that you know what your doing and not to bother you.
                    LMAO
                    let's make america great again

Comment

Never once had a problem there.
                      If bench shooting is what you’re looking to do it’s a great range.
                      Essentially the same rule as LIG - don’t be a dick. With an added don’t be an unsafe a hole.
                      Go enjoy
                      Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post

LMAO
                        True and me too.
                        Same as "Don't worry, I know how to fly a plane". Trust, but verify.

Comment

Shooting trap at Yaphank on Saturday some asshole pointed his barrel right in my face from about 3 feet.
                          i left that field and went to another.
                          He was a man in his 40s.

at the skeet range we saw another idiot in his 20s with his gun over his shoulder bouncing it up and down, the gun was so far over his shoulder it was parallel to the ground.He literally mussled dozens of people.

First time I saw that there and it was a double asshole day
                          Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post
                            Shooting trap at Yaphank on Saturday some asshole pointed his barrel right in my face from about 3 feet.
                            i left that field and went to another.
                            He was a man in his 40s.

at the skeet range we saw another idiot in his 20s with his gun over his shoulder bouncing it up and down, the gun was so far over his shoulder it was parallel to the ground.He literally mussled dozens of people.

First time I saw that there and it was a double asshole day
                            i am in my 50's but thanks
                            let's make america great again

Comment

ya know i hear all this stuff about calverton being land of the yahoos but have never witnessed it myself and I've gone there pretty much exclusively the past 2 years or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X